Sunday 29 August 2010

Rhythm And Blues - five star, 80s freestyle


I have the original AAD recording that I purchased as a closeout CD in 1987. The updated, remastered CD surely renewed my interest in listening to "Silk & Steel" once again, especially with the bonus tracks and new liner notes included. Though the extended version of "If I Say Yes" is not the same version found on the domestic 12-inch single, I am pleased with the extended version as-is. My motivation for buying this remastered CD was for the third domestic single, "Are You Man Enough," an underrated song that should have done better on the charts. I don't usually repurchase titles I already bought on CD, but the inclusion of the rare Shep Pettibone remix was reason enough to fork out my money. I know for sure that "Can't Wait Another Minute" registered on the dance charts and that there was a 12-inch version of this song. Though I don't care much for "Can't Wait Another Minute," I was surprised that the 12-inch version was not included on this remastered CD. "Silk & Steel" was definitely one of the group's most popular albums. Silk & Steel

stedman,doris, delroy, lorraine, & denise (also known as five star) have made thier mark in the states w/ this lp! thanks to the

hits "can't wait another minute"' and "are you man enough"...possibly "if i say yes". This band of cousins and brothers and sisters released this little treasure in the innocent time of 1986,at least for me. To me this was one of the best r/b acts out there then, this lp just solidified it! one of the strongest tracks is a full-of-energy-uptempo-dance hit that was unfortunatelly only released in the uk called "the slightest touch", so put on your dance shoes and prepare to sweat! but don't get the wrong imperssion many songs on here will catch your ear let me just give a few of my favs: "rain or shine", "find the time", "can't wait another minute", "the slightest touch", "are you man enough?", and "show me what you got for me" which was also only released in the uk. so here's the close, i've named 6 out of 10 tracks on this lp so that's got to say something to you, and that's not mentioning the other 2 tracks "please don't say goodnight" & "don't you know I love it." - Five Star - 80s Freestyle - 80s Music - Disco'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rhythm And Blues - five star, 80s freestyle five star Rhythm And Blues - five star, 80s freestyle