Tuesday 10 August 2010

Pre Accessories - touchstone, palm


My wife and I upgraded our Sprint phones to Palm Pixis in late 2009. A month or so after that the magnet (which holds the recharger flap closed) in my Palm Pixi backing cover fell out. I then purchased two touchtone cover upgrades for myself (black) and my wife (pink) at Palm's website. The touchtone back covers seem to be better than the stock back covers in that they seem more rigid/rugged and the dimpled backs make gripping easier (and visually look nice). However, within one week the magnet had fallen out of my new touchtone recharger flap leaving the recharging flap to "dangle it the wind". A week later my wife's pink touchtone cover also lost the magnet in the flap. Whatever glue Palm is using for the magnet just isn't working...batting .000 (0/3) in my experience.



If the recharger flap magnets did not fall out I would give this 4 or 5 stars because I think the cover is good build quality and I like the concept of being able to change out colors or worn covers. But, since I am 0 for 3 on magnet durability I have to give this 2 stars for now. I will try and reglue my magnet and see how that works out. Palm Pixi Touchstone Cover (Cover)

This is a very cool product. It's really convenient to just put your phone on top of the touchstone charger and have it charge without having to plug anything else in! The case also looks very cool, with the textured back instead of the flat black of the original. HOWEVER, the magnet problem that everyone else is writing about is completely true. When I read them, I thought those might be the exceptions, but lo and behold, a couple days later, my magnet fell right out. Really inconvenient. Now I have to try to glue the thing back on, which is lame. Yes, I know you won't need the plug too often if you're using the touchstone charger, but sometimes you still want to transfer files from a computer or whatnot. Either way, the magnet should not come out THAT easily. Very poor quality feature on an otherwise neat gadget.

I'm not sure whether it was this particular product, but the design of this case is flawed. I bought this one to replace the original one which broke in the same way. The side flap to insert the battery charger is held with a magnet. Within a week, the magnet came unglued from the case and now the flap annoyingly hangs open.



I think this is a design flaw with the case, not the seller.

This is great, if you are using the Touchstone charging dock. If you are not using the Touchstone charging dock, get a less expensive back. All the people stating that the magnet falls out of the USB port cover are not using the Touchstone. If they were they would not have to open the USB port cover. All that being said, you should get the Touchstone. It is the greatest product ever.

This backing is very nice... until the tiny magnet that holds the charging port flap shut comes off, which only took 2 days for me. Nice concept, everything else about the product is nice but the constantly open flap is very irritating, especially when you consider that I replaced the original factory''Palm'' backing because of quality issues as well.



UPDATE* The rest of the case is now peeling back away fromt the plastic. What a piece of garbage.

this item is compatible with the palm pre/pixi touchstone. it's a little more durable and rugged than the one that comes with the pixi. it was easy to put on the phone. I like that it's slightly textured. my only complaint about it, is that palm has not released it in other colors yet, so if you bought a case in color, but you want to use the touchstone dock, then you have to switch the back covers again. I think eventually it will come out in a variety of colors, but its still looks stunning in black. it works well, i like it a lot!

I have had both the original blue (non-Touchstone) cover and a black Touchstone cover for almost a year now. I have not had any trouble at all with either the magnet falling off nor the case warping for either of these covers. What I have had trouble with is getting the Touchstone charging system to work. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, and then gradually got less and less reliable. I had to take the phone off the Touchstone and put it back on several times before it would start charging. If I did not watch it to make sure it was really charging, the next morning I would find that it had not charged at all. Finally I concluded that it was less trouble to just charge the phone via USB cable and forget about the Touchstone. (Yes, I know that the Touchstone has to be used with the Touchstone cover in order to work.) I have no idea whether it was the Touchstone or the Touchstone cover that was defective. Too bad, because I really loved the Touchstone system when I could get it to work.

I bought this case because I was disappointed with the durability of the regular, rubberized back the phone came with. While this one if much more sleek and nicer to hold, the magnetic cover for the charging port lasted less than a month before it came off. The cover no longer stays closed. Hopefully an easy fix with some super glue, but not very encouraging.

This review has nothing to do with the seller. My product was delivered on time and in the condition it was stated to have been in. The product however is garbage. The whole reason i needed to replace the cover to my palm pixi was because the charger jack cover was broken. I would say within a week it was broken again in the same fashion as the one i needed to replace. The magnet that holds the flap to the phone broke off of the flap and now the flap just hangs there uselessly. I would not suggest anyone get this phone. There is absolutely nothing worthwhile about this product. - Palm - Chargers - Touchstone - Covers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pre Accessories - touchstone, palm chargers Pre Accessories - touchstone, palm