Friday 6 August 2010

Garage Remote - garage door remote, keychain garage door opener


This winter the cold weather in Minnesota killed the batteries in my existing box-remotes. I needed something that I could bring indoors in my pocket while leaving the car parked outdoors for an extended period of time. I purchased two units from A Click Away Remotes, and I'm happy to say that they both work after properly configuring the dip-switches.



Initially, I thought I had one DOA remote (either the battery was dead, or the unit failed) and another remote didn't work after setting the dip-switches to what I thought was the proper position. I figured out that I had the switches flipped in the opposite direction (down needed to be up and up needed to be down - reverse to what my box-remote dip-switches were). Yeah, now one worked! After taking a closer look at the second 'DOA' remote I found that a plastic protection tab was placed between the battery and the metal spring clip attached to the circuit board. Once I removed the tab the remote worked just fine.



I would like to note that the seller A Click Away Remotes shipped me a previously opened/used unit; the plastic envelope the remote comes in was ripped open by a previous recipient, the dip-switches were obviously moved from factory-default settings and the plastic protection tab on the battery was removed. I'm not going to send the remote back because of this, but I would like to say that this is poor merchantable product attitude for a retailer to have. Keychain Remote Garage Door Opener Firefly 300Mhz

I highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a remote that uses the (10) pin slide code system. Very easy to set. Just open the case(1 phillips head screw), slide the pins either up or down to match the code of the system and close it back up. It's that easy. fits in pocket easily unlike the old bulky remotes. Great product for the price.

Bought 4 of these remotes to operate a community gate. They work great and open the gate from about 30'. Much better than the "brand" remotes we purchased and smaller too. Would recommend these without reservation.

Just read a review that said this unit would only work 6 feet away. I just went 20 feet from my door and it worked fine for me. Just got it today. When setting up the dip codes. My old opener started with number 2 (no number 1) this one starts with number 1. I skipped number 1 and changed the dip codes starting with number 2. Pushed the button and it did not work. Moved the number 1 dip code down and it works great. I got it for my motorcycle, and keep it on my key ring. Works great. It has an easy clasp to hook to you key chain or other rings. Won't have to keep looking for it or lose it like the big one I had before. Only took 3 minutes to set it to my opener, but you must have a model with dip codes. Love it.

After researching our condo building's garage door opener online, I finally determined we had a 300Mhz system that was far from modern, but this little opener works perfectly. Doesn't have the strongest range (at our building you have to be right in front of the gate), but it's wonderful to have on your key-ring if you're coming home on a bike, or from a walk with a stroller. After ordering one to see if it worked, we bought a few more to have in our bags, and another to lend to house guests while they're visiting.

The device works great after you set the proper code for your garage door opener. But just be aware that this only works from no more than 6 feet away. If you are planning to open the door sitting in your car, this is not the product. I almost walk close to the door to catch the signal.. i find it useless.....

needed a gate opener for an apartment complex. i was tired of carrying those brick looking ones so i got this. i put the code in and bualla! it worked! no complains here! happy and satisfied with it. ive purchased 2 of them so far. only wished the shipping was free but its worth it.

This works perfectly for my purposes. I'm attaching to my spare keys, so that the set has all of the access needed to get into my building. It's a nice size, easy to set up, and easy to use. I'll probably buy another one at some point. - Garage Door Openers - Garage Door Remote - Keychain Garage Door Opener - Garage Remote'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Garage Remote - garage door remote, keychain garage door opener garage door remote Garage Remote - garage door remote, keychain garage door opener