Wednesday 28 July 2010

Razor Blade - good value, handy


I purchased these to save a few dollars over the Bosch-branded replacement blades for my Multi-X, and it looks like I'll be trying other brands. These do a great job on drywall even when dull, but struggle with laminate flooring and hardwoods even when new out of the package. Not too bad when undercutting pine or MDF door casings and jambs, but I found them to dull quickly and begin to put a lot of strain on my saw motor and batteries (already and issue with most Multi-X owners). Be careful not to hit a staple or nail or you'll destroy those particular teeth and make every future cut all the more time-consuming! Not much worse than the Bosch blades at about one-third the price, but I'm still searching for a blade that will stay sharp and not cost me $1 or more a cut. Anyone find the equivalent of a Sawzall "naileater" blade for these oscillating tools? Versa-Tool MB3B 1-3/8-Inch Bi-Metal Universal Oscillating Saw Blade, 3 Pack

I ordered a set of the Bi-metal blads for my Harbor Freight Oscillating saw. The price was very reasonable compared to other offerings I found and even the shipping cost was not out of line. The blades came very promptly via the postal service and I have found them to be of very high quality and capable of doing all of the tasks for which I had intended to use them. What more could one ask? Good quality, fair price and prompt service.

Does great on wood and metal. Doesn't stay sharp cutting hardened metals, as long as the Fien blades do. But does an impressive cost to work done job on hardened metals and excels at cost to work done in woods and softer metals.

I've only used one of the blades several times so far. I hesitate to give 5-stars until I see how well they hold up to heavier use, but it fit my tool and cuts fine. I bought the blades to replace the cheap ones that came with my (also cheap) Harbor Freight tool. The original ones worked great but wore out very quickly. I'm hoping these are a little more durable. Even so, they were cheaper than HF replacement blades and I'm thoroughly satisfied with the way they cut.

I bought these to go with my Genesis GMT15A Multi-Purpose Oscillating Tool. My goal in purchasing that model is to has something functional at a reasonable price and it fit the bill perfectly. The one thing it was lacking were a set of these blades. The listing for them didn't say they were compatible and I figured I would try them anyway. Glad I did; now I have a set of decent blades to go with it.



While they don't last as long as blades that cost a lot more, I don't use them that much and they do cost a lot less. As a casual user this combination of tool and blade is perfect.

I have only used this product once to cut out a piece of plaster to access a wire box inside a kitchen wall. It worked very well and sped up the time to finish that job. It does plunge cuts, verticle and sideways cuts well. I am using it with a variable speed Chicago Tool multitool cutter and it fits that tool fine like it were custom made for it. The small holes in this blade match pins in my multi-tool and make for a positive lock, no slip while cutting operation. I'll update this revue after i've had more time to use it if there are premature failures etc. However, at this point I would recommend these blades based upon my limited use with them.

I used one of these blades and the Genesis GMT15A Multi-Purpose Oscillating Tool on three different occasions to cut through thick clear plastic, copper sheeting, and a rusty steel bolt. The blade is still sharp and usable. - Good Value - Razor Blade - Multi-tool - Handy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Razor Blade - good value, handy razor blade Razor Blade - good value, handy