Sunday 18 July 2010

Quick Release Clasp - quick release clasp, rugged


I've been wearing these pants to work almost every day for 6 months. I started out buying the 100% cotton version, but over time those wear more, and they shrink. Mine are much shorter and tighter than they were when bought. The nylon/cotton mix version, holds up much better. I have one pair that is only about 2 weeks younger than the cotton pants, but it still fits like it was new, the colors are stronger, and it isn't worn around the edges like the cotton. I work as an IT tech, and they provide me enough pockets for my needs. I can discretely carry my pocket knife, in its own pocket, and I can pack a K frame S&W in the front pocket without much trouble. (A kahr PM-9 is much easier for a full day). Overall, good product if you can buy at the right price. Tac Lite Pro Pant, Poly/Ctn Ripstop, Tundra, Size 30 x 32

Just got them from another site and for less. They look good, have plenty of pockets, and are plenty flexible for me. I don't plan on doing karate in these and its pretty easy to hike up a leg to climb over something or work on my knees without my pants fighting me which I cant say about most of my other pairs. Doesn't bunch up or constrict anywhere. I have to wear khakis at work and the coyote brown color looks a lot like my dockers did when they were new. These are lighter and cooler than my dockers and just as comfortable. So far I'm more than happy with my purchase. Will update this after a few months of wear.

These ended my search for the right pants to wear in an overseas work environment that can charitably be described as "basic". My requirements included lots of pockets in a place where a flashlight and a Leatherman are round-the-clock "must haves" (along with some other location-dependent tools that you might need quick access to).



More relaxed than jeans, and with far less variability in sizing than big box store "cargo pants", these are a great choice. Comfortable, durable with many options for carrying stuff you have to have with you.



And if the pockets don't hold all the things you need, add the TDU Belt (comes in 1.5" and 1.75" widths and several colors) for hanging the extras.

I've never had any 5.11 gear until I got a pair of 5..1 taclite pants and belt.



These pants are comfortable, breathe-able, and rugged. I was unsure about the slash rear pockets (I don't carry anything in my back pockets usually) but find that if you need to get to something quickly, this design prevents items from getting held up like a squared-off pocket would.



I liked them so much I got another pair in a different color.



These can be worn around town without attracting undue attention, as they look similar to popular cargo pants designs, but these are the real-deal. Built to last!

I bought these based on the high recommendation by nutnfancy (on youtube). These pants are lightweight and seem durable. I'm going to take nutnfancy's word for this as I have yet to put them through a lot of use but he claims they hold up really well. I'll update this review if necessary.



I ordered the 30x32 size (since the 30x30 was out of stock when I ordered) and they are a bit on the large size for me, but on the plus side, there is adequate crotch space (which other users said they lacked). I'll order a pair of 30x30 and see if there is enough room down there haha



Like another user mentioned, get these over the 100% cotton as those will tend to shrink and wear out faster, also these would dry quicker than a 100% cotton variety.



Again, I'll update this review if I find something wrong.

I've had a pair of the heavier Tac Pro pants for about a year now. Living in South Texas they were just too heavy. The Taclite Pros are the best pants I own. They are very comfortable and durable. As soon as I find a nice blazer they will even become my dress pants. The one feature that they could benefit from is the rubber strips around the waistband to keep shirts tucked in during bending and stretching. Get a pair ( or five ); you won't be disappointed.

I'm not in law enforcement. I'm not a contractor. I'm not in the military. But my profession as a photographer puts me in situations where I have to dress like i'm being deployed to Afghanistan. Lenses, batteries, flashcards, flashes, remotes, multitools, flashlights, greycards, light meters, sync cords, measuring tape, are just some of the items that I need to keep on my person, and be able to access quickly and easily. I usually carry a bag with several compartments, but when it's hot, and i have to move around a ton, i prefer these pants. There is a pocket for everything with these suckers! Best feature, are the back pockets. I can fit a 200mm zoom lens and flash adapter in ONE back pocket! Second best feature, the knife pocket, roomy enough for a multitool and a streamlight stylus flashlight. And last, the clip on the beltloop, perfect for clipping my flash meter on, or a second body in a carrying case.

Even loaded to the rafters, these pants are comfortable, cool, and let you maneuver nicely. I'd order a size bigger than you wear in jeans, even with the elastic, these are sized more like dress-slacks. Fit is great, length is perfect. You don't have to be a SWAT team banging down a door, or a military paratrooper to get full use out of these pants. When I'm not working in them, I'm using them for a long Motorcycle trip (the pockets are great for biker stuffs and cool in hot weather riding), or on a camping trip, where they withstand a beating but always come clean.

I have some knock-offs, but the 5.11 are definitely worth the extra money.

Good GD Pants. - Rugged - Belt - 511 - Quick Release Clasp'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Quick Release Clasp - quick release clasp, rugged belt Quick Release Clasp - quick release clasp, rugged