Monday 26 July 2010

Kids Fishing Equipment - easy fishing for kids


I bought this pole for my cousin for christmas after he had been asking to go fishing for a good year. We ended up going fishing recently and I thought the pole was going to be a little small for him but it actually worked out well for him and we were both happy with the pole. I was really impressed with how far this spincast reel casted. I also had a cheap spincast reel, with the same line weight, and mine didn't cast half as far. It really boosted his confidence, he is 6, with how far his pole was casting compared to mine.



Shakespeare did good with this pole. It's inexpensive and performs well. Shakespeare Cars Spincast Fishing Kit

Bought this for my 4 and 6 year old children. They love it. The set comes with a rubber wheel that you can attach to the line to practice casting. My kids have practiced for hours already, and will definitely be able to cast with a real hook and bait. The only negative is that the set does not come with a basic set of lures.

I'm not sure exactly how to rate this rod. It is WONDERFUL as far as durability, casting, the cute little tire that is tied to the end. I'd give it 5 stars!

Only one problem is that the packaging clearly states that it contains lead. Does not say exactly what part.

Not so good for a children's toy....

I actually contacted the company. They said that there was trace amounts in the paint but that it still passed safety standards.

So...I guess like houses build before 1978, unless the paint is chipping or if they chew on it and eat the paint chips then they should be fine!

This was bought for my grandson so he has a fishing pole when he comes to visit. It's a fun and great pole for little ones learning the ropes. We also have 2 barbie poles for the granddaughters they are a good buy at a great price.

We bought this to be used as our son's first fishing pole. I opened the package while he eagerly awaited. Unfortunately, the set is a EXTREMELY poor quality. The rod fell apart in my hands -- the little trigger piece fell out and the inside of the rod crumbled into the table. I re-assembled it. But, the rod just would not work. The line wouldn't come out when I pressed the trigger release. To no avail, I tried every way possible to fix the rod and had some friends look at it. Nothing worked.



Overall, this set is really weak and exemplifies the problems with selling a cheap Chinese-made pole. It tarnishes the good "Shakespeare" name and the history of decent fishing poles. I'd willingly pay double the price to have something that would last and actually work!



Also, this is not a complete set. Anyone who buys one of these and manages to get it to work properly will also need to buy a hook and a sinker. This does not come with either!



Overall: AVOID THIS TERRIBLE FISHING KIT.

This children's fishing pole is made with every bit of quality you'd expect from an entry-level adult fishing pole. The shaft feels very sturdy, and the metal eyelets are securely mounted. My only complain about construction is that the yellow spindle cover is made from a thin plastic that would probably break if it landed hard on the ground. Also, the "Cars" graphics are just decals - I would prefer it if they were silk-screened onto the plastic instead... Anybody can put decals on something. The reel is easy to maintain - just unscrew the plastic cap and it gives you easy access to fix any tangles that might occur. Actually, my fishing pole came from the factory with a slight tangle in the line, and I had to take it apart and fix it before we could use it, but it works great now. The practice lure is pretty neat, it is a little "Lightyear" tire from the movie, and it is made of rubber so that it won't break when it hits the ground. All in all, it's a good quality fishing pole that I would definitely recommend to anybody that wants to get their kid started out fishing! - Easy Fishing For Kids'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kids Fishing Equipment - easy fishing for kids easy fishing for kids Kids Fishing Equipment - easy fishing for kids