Tuesday 20 July 2010

Ipod Transmitter - ipod, bluetooth


This transmitter and receiver is perfect for getting your ipod music onto your stereo system without wires or expensive components. The bluetooth signal works well for short range ( the 33 feet seems accurate as outside limit) and in my case transmits clearly through walls to another room. The only reservation is that the transmitter only works with the two pin headsets for ipods. That is, it works with my older Ipod photo but doesnt fit the newer Ipod video. Belkin TuneStage Bluetooth-Enabled Transmitter for iPod

I received the TuneStage today, from Amazon. Plugged it in both sides (on top of the iPod, and the receiver into an audio pin). Hit PLAY on the iPod and the transmitter automatically connects (pairs) with the receiver. Bada-bing, the iPod is now your remote control. Volume controls, playlist, and all. From unpacking to a remote control in five minutes. It could not have been any easier. Apple should have made this product. And nobody really knows about it.

Sound quality is not 100% I feel, but the unit works well and does great in my bedroom setting. Best results come when the stereo volume is kept relatively low an the iPod is cranked nearly to maximum (best signal to noise).

If you have a iPod Nano, you'll need TuneStage II, which is supposed to hit the street Sept 2006. Rather than releasing a model that fits only the Nano, TuneStage II includes a dongle that will fit any iPods that use the dock connector.

This product is very slick at allowing you to wirelessly send audio through your home stereo. The Sonos system does this very well, but if you already have an iPod and a stereo, TuneStage is a great addition.

I love the tune stage. I simply took it out of the box and plugged everything in and before I knew it, I was sending wirless music from my Ipod to my reciver. The quality of the sound was most impressive (sounds like it is hard wired). The range is a little short but works awesome in my situation.

With the current price this was at, I could not pass it up. I happen to have an iPod 30G Photo, so the dongle worked perfect for me. It synced flawlessly. The sound I thought was really pretty good. I am somewhat of an audiophile, and was presently surprised. The bass tends to distort a bit at higher volumes, but not terribly bad. I had read several reviews on this, and several people had used other Bluetooth devices to connect to the Tunestage including cell phones and laptops. I was a little disappointed that my iPhone 3GS would not recognize the Tunestage. The manual says it is A2DP compatible and my iPhone is suppose to be. I am still searching Google to see if I am missing something. If you plan to use this for a iPod that it is intended to be for, it works great. Buyer beware if buying to use with other Bluetooth devices. One thought is you could always buy a dongle for a newer iPod and it should work. I think just about the only difference in the Tunestage and the Tunestage II is the dongle and some updated software through my research.



**Update: I synced this unit to my Dell Laptop with built in Bluetooth. It worked great! Sync Code is 1111. It must be something with the iPhone's software that will not allow it to sync with this unit. I have not given up yet!**

I have 2 ipod classics one is several years old. This is not compatible with either. The picture very carefully doesn't show the connection on the bottom of the transmitter. The receiver is also incompatible with other bluetooth transmitters, although it states in the manual that it MAY work with some. Spent hours researching only to find that it is completely useless and incompatible. Now I get to return it. The entire construction is very cheap plastic. Disappointed is an understatement.

i just got this the other day and i love it, except for the fact that i can only use the older model ipod on it and not my video ipod, so it's getting returned and i'm gonna wait for the tunestage II due out next month which will play both!

I have an iPod Touch 1st Generation and purchased this item based upon the item description saying it would work with the Touch. When I received the TuneStage it didn't list the Touch regarding compatibility. When I opened the box and took a look at the bluetooth transmitter it was clear why it would'nt work. The connector fits into the headphone jack, with a small, flat connector right next to it. The Touch doesn't have this flat connector next to its headphone jack.



I took a risk based upon what I read in the product descripton on Amazon. I guess I should have looked up this product elsewhere to determine compatibility prior to the purchase. - Ipod Accesories - Ipod - Bluetooth Stereo - Bluetooth'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipod Transmitter - ipod, bluetooth ipod Ipod Transmitter - ipod, bluetooth