Tuesday 20 July 2010

Framing Nailers - bostitch, nail gun


I bought these nails because I didn't need that many 3" ring shank for my Hitachi NR90 nailer. Very few carry over 2 3/8" in a ring shank, and those that do charge about $30 or more to ship. So 500 nails for $30 with free shipping was worth a try.

The nails look like someone made them by hand. The coating is very thick and not uniform; so the "ring" portion is a hit or miss affair, leaving some nails looking as though they had virtually no rings at all. Some of the nails were also slightly bent; not an issue when using a hammer, but hopefully it won't jam my nailer.

I test shot a strip, shooting a short piece of Timberstrand dimensional lumber into another piece of Timberstrand (I rarely use pine 2 by's). Nailing into Timberstrand requires more nailer power which my NR90 had no problem with.

On the plus side, the nailer worked fine and the board was extremely difficult to dislodge from the other board using three of these nails; so I think they'll work for my purposes.

For a comparision between these nails and my Hitachi ring shank nails; see the above photo. B & C Eagle A3X120HDR/22 Full Head 3-Inch by .120-Inch 20 to 22 Degree Plastic Collated Hot Dipped Galvanized Ring Shank Framing Nail (500 per Box)

Yeah, well these are very hard to come by in Ohio for some reason. Nobody carries plastic collated nails around me (all clipped head wire collated) so I was happy to find them here. Built a shed last year using a couple thousand of this brand of nail last year. Worked perfectly, no jams, bent nails, missing heads, etc. Hold is excellent due to galv. - Bostitch - Nail Gun - Porter-cable - Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Framing Nailers - bostitch, nail gun nail gun Framing Nailers - bostitch, nail gun