Tuesday 27 July 2010

Cutting Tool - fein multimaster, multimaster


Thank you Rockwell....I have been doing carpentry for about 12 years and can not believe I didn't get this tool sooner. I have had this tool for about a month and it has paid for itself ten times over. The Wood/Metal blade I have used for cutting out large areas of Sheetrock to get to leaking pipes without cutting them or wires. I put in two solid oak floor and used it for molding cuts and door jam cuts. I just did a new kitchen install in an old house and it was used for many tight spots where no other tool could get to. I also used it to put in the oven vent inside and then cut the old siding and nails to make the vent cap fit nice without having to replace any old siding boards which usually break when prying with a flat bar and cutting the nails with a big sawzaw. I highly recommend this tool. The price is great and the blades last longer than I thought, once you figure out how to use them for the right job. Just let the tool do the work. If you rush though it will take longer to cut, or if the pipe or nail is not in a fixed position and is loose try to steady it first for best results. O it also cuts though Pvc pipe great. Also thanks to Amazon business Prime account with free two day delivery. for a mere 3.99 I had it the next day.I have saved hundreds on delivery charges over the last year. Just showing some props to Amazon...Get their Prime account for a low price and get FREE two day shipping year round....And buy the Sonicrafter Kit, its well worth it..... Rockwell RK5107K SoniCrafter 73-Piece Complete Professional Kit

I bought this 73 piece Rockwell Sonicrafter to do some ceramic tile work and to sand paint off a stained wood door that had been painted by accident on one side some years back. It made the tile work a breeze, but the door had many grooves and carved surfaces. Having earlier read to let the tool work at its speed, using the proper motor speeds, I made a point of not man-handling or using much pressure while running the Sonicrafter.



Several contractors had told me the effort to remove that paint, to restore the original stained appearance, would cost more than replacing this old and very expensive door. It took me several hours over a two day period using the Sonicrafter, but the tool cleaned the paint from the door perfectly. What little was left in deep grooves was easily removed with a bare minimum of chemical stripper and a few pointed tools. Overall, the Sonicrafter did a great job and left a smooth clean surface for the new stain and sealer. I know of no other tool that could have done this job so easily, and a chemical stripper would have required removing the door from the frame and working with a huge gooey mess that would still have been very difficult to remove.



Did the Rockwell Sonicrafter get put away then? Not for long! One evening a few days later I went to work on a six foot high by four foot wide wooden cabinet - that had been in use in my garage for some twenty-five years. The cabinet had a few mistakes that needed correcting to give it a more professional look - and it had the usual grime accumulated in a garage at home. The Sonicrafter was used to even cuts on board edges, and to sand the entire cabinet with its shelves intact. After a few hours this unpainted cabinet looked as if it had just been built, and better than when my father had built it twenty-five years ago. A light stain and sealer made it look great after the sanding - using the same sanding paper that was still not worn out from use on the door. Only now, the cabinet looks like furniture grade.



I didn't use the dust collection attachment but should have. The material removed comes off in a very fine powder that will get into your nose and eyes if not careful. After I had used the general purpose blade to even the few "mistakes" in the cabinet, I had re-installed the sanding pad. After about two hours use the sanding action slowed more or less abruptly. The sand paper was still good, but I noticed the pad was loose. I tightened it better that time and it didn't loosen again. So, you need to tighten the tool attachments fairly strongly. Using the highest speed, to prevent excessive motor heat while sanding, the gear head became warm but not excessively to the touch. Three hours was all it took to recut the wood where needed on that cabinet, and to fully sand it smooth and clean.



The next day, I found myself in need of some small plastic shims for another small job I was doing on my Kubota RTV 900. I thought to use the Sonicrafter with its general purpose blade, and within only minutes I had precisely cut the four small plastic shims I needed. That job couldn't have been made any simpler, and it let me know the Sonicrafter will find a lot of use around my home - even in use on my vehicles. I highly recommend this tool for precise and detailed work. It has already well paid for itself and it's ready for much more action.

when i purchased this tool i was worried that i'd wind up with a low quality piece of junk cause it's only a 3rd. the price of a fein brand. but when it showed up i was blown-away with how well it worked,and how stable and secure it is when your holding it, even in one hand!! i,m sure this tool will out last me so if your smart you'l save some money and get yourself a rockwell and forget about the over priced fein brand. good talken to ya!!!!!

This is on of the handiest tools there is. I use it for everything, I even gave them as Christmas gifts. When I got mine it came in a plastic box which I hate. The newer ones come in a nice bag, that seems to be much roomier, and much easier to put the tool into when you are finished with it.

I have used the Rockwell SoniCrafter for the last 3 months on a remodel project. It became the goto tool for any problems that came up (need a 3 gang box instead of a 1). This week the variable speed dial became a single speed, only works on high speed.

Were it not for this problem I would have given it 5 stars. Now I will find out how good Rockwell customer service is. - Oscillating Saw - Multimaster - Fein Multimaster - Time Saver'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cutting Tool - fein multimaster, multimaster oscillating saw Cutting Tool - fein multimaster, multimaster