Tuesday 29 June 2010

Elementary School - pampers, special needs


I just tried these on my twin boys last night. They loved them! They are very soft and comfortable, and you would never know they were wearing a diaper-like product. Both of them still have nighttime accidents, and unlike other products we have tried, these didn't leak! The boys (and the bed) stayed dry and they like wearing them too. Finally a winner! Pampers UnderJams Night Wear For Boys, Size 7 (S/M), Mega Pack, 27 Count (Pack of 3)

My son is a tall 5 year old who usually wears Goodnites. We had a coupon for the Underjams and we've tried them for two weeks. We have had a wreck of leaks about 50% of the time, unfortunately. I can't establish exactly why, but it seems that it's due to the fact that they are lower cut (to avoid being seen above the waistline). The low cut does not work well with an active sleeper and folds down in the front. We are certainly going back to Goodnites!

We bought these after trying a free sample of UnderJams, and my son liked the way they felt over the Goodnights. The sample worked fine. Well, 3 out of the 4 nights we used the UnderJams (after shelling out $50 for the 3 packages), we had major leaks that required full sheet changes in the middle of the night. By the 5th night, we were so tired, I went out and bought a package of Goodnights so we could get a full night sleep, and they worked like a charm, as usual. We are definitely going back to Goodnights. I am really disappointed in the UnderJams, and now I'm stuck with all these packages!

We used to use Goodnites but the noise and high-cut really presented a problem from my 12 year old. He was terrified that his friends would find out on a sleep-over. With camp coming, we were were worried also. You really CAN hear the Goodnites. So, $55 bucks later and having read the Amazon feedback, we tried UnderJams. We have not had ANY troubles with leaks or splits but my son is a smaller 12 year old at 70 lbs. I hate ordering these on-line and wish we could find them locally. I worry they will go stop making them. I also hope they make them in another size up. When we ran out, I asked my son which ones he wanted. He HATES to talk about this issue but he was emphatic that we buy the UnderJams. Why? Because he said you can't hear them and they fit better under his clothes. There is no way I would tell him no. This issue is tough enough without him having to worry about being found out. UnderJams have really made him feel more secure.

I was looking forward to trying these with my 7-year-old son, who still has nighttime accidents and usually uses Goodnites. I liked the idea that they were supposed to be softer, more like real underwear. Well, the second I opened the package, my 7-year-old and 3-year-old boys were running around the house calling them diapers and making fun of them. Apparently, something about these reminds them of diapers whereas Goodnites do not...? I was also very disappointed to find that they are not able to hold in my 7-year-old's accidents like Goodnites do. We NEVER have a problem with leakage in the Goodnites, but most certainly did with these. Poor kid was soaked.

We buy these pants as diapers for our one-year-old son. At 13 months, he's 42 pound due to side effects of cancer. These work okay as a diaper, but obviously they are not intended for that as they don't have side snaps. They are very soft to the touch as compared to the older Goodnites (though the newer ones I purchased recently were "improved") and they seem thicker. The only thing I don't like and the reason I gave only 4 stars is that even though the pack states up to 65 pounds, we find that they are really tight on our son. If your child is slim, this wouldn't be a problem for you, but our son is still very rolly-poly with baby fat plus some. Overall a nice product from Pampers, but as usual with Pampers, a very, very premium price considering how many we are going through.



Update: Our son is now 22 months old and has lost some weight, but we are still using these for diapers because the size 6 diapers are still tight yet. My husband and I have tried, over the course of the last few months, several different diaper type products for our larger son (who is still on chemo), and we always come back to the Underjams. While they are still very expensive, they are the only diapers that fit comfortably, that don't stink after used, that hold up to chemo poops, and that are soft and thick. We won't be switching to anything else and we recommend them to parents everywhere.

We've been using UnderJams for years now and they work the best for our son. We get leaks with the GoodNites 2 out of 3 nights. I think it depends on the child's body type or something. These are great for our family!

This purchase was a great investment. And per pull-up much cheaper than what you can buy in the stores. These are definitely good for older boys, the are much more absorbent than the regular night-time pull-ups with Buzz Lightyear on them.

I just love these Underjams. I have tried every product on the market for my 3 yr old boy. He is 42 lbs and every night time pullup/trainer I have used leaked until I found this product.

My son(3 yrs) puts these on himself. So he can tell the front from the back. It's not hard. He has a little belly so the lower front is perfect. Its so nice not to have wash the bedding anymore.

I was surprised that a Walmart I shop at is not going to carry them anymore. I will find another place to buy them.

L. Knapp, C. Knapp's wife

I've tried every single option to try to find something more affordable than Goodnights. But nothing works. I THOUGHT these were the first viable, somewhat less expensive option. But they only work about 50% of the time. We have a LOT of overflows...such that my boys (ages 6 and 7) are totally soaked...clear up to their entire shirts! The sheet changing so often just isn't worth the couple of dollars I can save with this brand. Alas...like the rest of you...I'm back to Goodnights and the extra money. Sigh. - Goodnites - Pampers - Diaper - Special Needs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Elementary School - pampers, special needs diaper Elementary School - pampers, special needs