Wednesday 2 June 2010

Clean Headlights - automotive, restore


My boyfriend bought this for his 2000 CRV. His headlights were foggy and yellow and we were thinking we'd have to have them replaced all together they were so bad. So on a whim he bought this. The first one he did turned out amazing. It looked almost new. We could stand back and the difference between the two lights looked like 50 years of wear and tear. The second one turned out even better cause he knew exactly what he was doing. We used to not be able to tell we had our lights on, but now the reflective lights shine back for half a mile down the street. Rain-X Headlight Restoration Kit

A guy at O'Reilly's Auto parts recommended this over the others so I tried it. It works great. The other brands may work too but this was cheaper and I didn't have to use a drill. As far as the elbow grease mentioned in the other reviews, they must not get much exercise. It was pretty easy. I bought a 2000 Honda and I could barely see at night and now it's back to normal.

I used the Rain-X Headlight Restoration Kit on my 98 Camry, and it worked great! The lenses are clear now. It only took a few minutes per lens.



Does the sun cause the lenses to cloud up? If so, then I hope the sealer has some kind of UV protection. The sun is relentless here in Fort Worth.

This product cleared the front headlight lenses of my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee - It had yellowed so bad that it interferred with my night vision - After using this restore kit they were clear as a bell.

Love this product. We have a 1998 Honda Civic and the headlights had become extremely clouded. They were so bad that it was dangerous to drive the car at night because of the lack of light from the headlights. I decided to try this product based on product reviews and they look brand new again. My husband thought that I had replaced the headlights because they were so clear. Highly recommend this product. Worth every penny.

I have been seeing the informercials for a headlight restoration product for some time. The headlights on my 2001 Corolla had gone a bit yellow over the years. I leave for work before sunrise so I want my headlights to illuminate the road as much as possible.



My husband and I opted for the Rain-X product because we are familiar with the quality. (I have very little faith in any "As Seen on TV" products.) I was going to be the one doing the work so I was hoping it wasn't going to take a lot of elbow grease. I just finished the job and WOW! My headlights haven't looked that good for years. It took me about a half hour and I didn't have to work hard at all. I have enough product left that I could do the job again every few months if necessary.

Let me preface this by saying that my headlights weren't yellow and very degraded. Just hazy.



The Rain-X kit works very well, and they include enough of each component that you can use the kit multiple times (I can get about 4 uses from it). The downside, is if you're headlights are pretty bad you'll need the extra uses. Mine took two to get back to factory clear.



To sum: a good kit for the money and I'd highly recommend it.

I watched the youtube video before proceeding (though instructions on the package are pretty basic i figured it wouldn't hurt). It takes quite a bit of elbow grease, that's definitely true, but the results are awesome! I spent about 20min per headlight and it went from being a hazy hard to see through mess, to a crystal clear plastic cover. And there's easily enough chemicals in there for 5-6 cars (or 5-6 applications on a single car).

My headlights did not have very much haze so I was disappointed when it did not fully remove the haze after spending 30 min on each light. Granted, after using the product there is marked improvement but the haze is still glaring at me. I am going to use it a second time to see if I can further my results. I may try it will a higher grit or even use an orbital sander but I am not positive. - Cleaner - Restore - Car Care - Automotive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Clean Headlights - automotive, restore automotive Clean Headlights - automotive, restore