Friday 18 June 2010

Black Khakis - khakis, dockers


These are cut an inch longer than last year's Dockers- Iouldn't quite believe it at first and had to measure to make sure. I bought a pair last year with a 32" inseam that measured 32"; the pairs I bought this year (2010) were labeled as having a 32" inseam, but measured just over 33". Not just one pair, either- this is consistent between four pairs I bought, 2 from amazon and 2 from a local retailer. Extra space in the waist usually doesn't hurt, but the extra length can be a problem- think about ordering an inch short, or plan on getting some alterations. Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D3 Classic Fit Flat Front Pant,Black,36x32

I read the previous review that these pants were long, but figured one inch wouldn't matter that much.



I ordered 34x28. The inseam on these pants (I checked the tag, 34x28) are over 30". To top it all off, they fit my waist like the 33x30 I bought last year.



The strangest thing I've found is how wide the legs are at the foot. I'm able to easily slip these things over my athletic shoes. I've never had dockers that I could do that with and I've bought these exact slacks before... something rather off this year. If I didn't desperately need them, I'd be returning them.

Title says it all. These pants are definitely comfortable, professional, and has a dressy enough look for a business casual (read: not wearing wool slacks) environment. But the other reviewers are spot on - they're easily an inch too long. The legs are also a bit on the wide side. I don't really mind, it's not like the wide leg baggy jeans from the 90s or anything. But compared to, say, skinny jeans, these have a lot of room.



I normally wear a 32" waist, but due to *ahem* a little weight gain in the last 6 months or so, I went with a 33" waist. Fits just a little looser than my other 32" pants, so if you're unsure, go up on the waist just a bit.



All in all, I'm happy with the pants and went ahead and bought a few pairs in different colors. With a little money spent on alterations, I'm quite pleased, and hope to wear these pants for quite some time.

I ordered these pants, because when shopping at regular retail stores, I can't find pants long enough. Typically, at these stores, the longest inseam length is 34", and when I try them on, they're too short. So now, I buy this pair, and they're a tad long. Subsequently, these same pants were on sale at Amazon, and at that time I read through the reviews, where the most universal complaint was that they were too long. I bought a pair with the 34" inseam, and they fit fine. So, I measured the inseams on both, and they were EXACTLY 36", and 34", as advertised. Now, either Dockers has been making them short before, and started making them correctly now, or Kohl's, Penney's, et al, have been buying irregulars, or seconds. Or, more likely, Dockers changed their country of manufacture. The 2 pairs I bought here, both say "Made in Nicaragua". Anyway, now that I know the sizes are correct, I will certainly buy these again, as they are very comfortable, particularly if they hold up well.

I concur with some recent posts. I've been buying this product for five years now. This latest one (bought in May) was baggy not slim fit at all. And, though I've been buying the same 32x30 for years I had to take the legs up 1 1/2 inches.

I work in a business/casual atmosphere. Dress shirt and slacks are a must for me. These slacks fit perfect. The material is very sturdy and soft. I am very grateful. These are the second pair of dockers I've bought online. I will again. One little warning I might add for those of you that may have a big bottom, these specific slacks may be a little tight for you. I have a small pot belly (which I'd like to lose) and a regular sized buttocks and the slacks fit me like a glove.

For some reason Levis/Dockers makes it as hard as possible to find their pants with a 36" inseam (not available in any retail store I've found + not even available on dockers.com). Fortunately Amazon stocks them + they're a great pant. Pants are true to size and true to length. Material is not as thick or as soft as the similar Dockers Men's True Chino D4 Relaxed Fit Flat Front Pant.

These pants are great, and it's so nice not to have to go to the clothing store! Dockers have fit me best for years, and I keep getting more.



Why 4 instead of 5 stars?



1) sizing is not perfecty consistent. When I buy 33 waist, most are perfect while about one in four are tight.



2) Dockers still, after all these years, wear out pretty quickly. Wearing one pair one day a week, it starts to fray in about 7 months. That's only about 29 washings.

I have been wearing Dockers for years. From style to style, I've always worn 32x32. Although Dockers do vary noticeably in sizing from pair to pair, these are rediculous. The actual measurement of the inseam is over two inches longer than my other Dockers. Also, the legs are much fuller than other Docker's "Classic Fit" pants. - Pants - Slim Fit - Dockers - Khakis'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Black Khakis - khakis, dockers pants Black Khakis - khakis, dockers