Tuesday 18 May 2010

Wrangler - jk, winches


This is a very solid winch. You can't beet the price of this item. Very simple to install in 30 min.

Don't let the cheaper price fool you. Smittybilt is a very reliable company. Everything that they make has been tested in real life. Smittybilt 97210 XRC 10 Black Winch

Awesome winch with tons of power and looks bad ass on the jeep. It's far more winch than I'll ever really need hopefully. I got the jeep stuck a few times since i got it and it's worked great with what I've thrown at it so far. Between pulling drunks out of the middle of the woods in a mud pit on the side of a trail in a ford taurus and winching myself up roots where water washed out 2 feet of dirt on one side of it I think its proved its worth so far. Make sure when you get it you spray the cable with a little WD40 and keep it wound nice and tight and you wont have the problem with rust as stated in the other review.

Purchased this for my 03 TJ Sport with the Smittybilt 2801 Winch Plate. Install was easy (no drilling on my particular model) and it looks great. Free shipping made this cheaper than going through my local 4 wheel parts. All that is left to do now is get stuck!

I bought this winch to install on a full-size truck for the purpose of recovering Jeep size vehicles. Although I haven't yet put a true 10,000 lbs load on it for test, I have not been able to stall it yet. However, I do notice that speed decreases sharply as the load increases. The winch I received had the remote control plug mounted on the solenoid box in a different place than the picture shows. If are installing inside a winch bumper, plan on drilling and relocating the plug yourself. In less than six months the roller fairlead is already getting covered in corrosion. Pretty disappointing since that's the only part of the winch showing on my truck, but its a tool not decoration so I am living with it. I'm glad I didn't buy a Harbor Freight winch, but I wish I'd gotten the XRC 12 before Amazon started jacking up the price.

Excellent winch. So far, no problems or issues. Bolted up perfect with the Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler bumper. It is nice that on this XRC bumper, it does not block any of the grill for air intake. Very nice looking on the front of my JK. Free shipping! Thanks Amazon!!!Smittybilt 97210 XRC 10 Black Winch Smittybilt 76800 XRC Front Bumper

I have been eyeballing this winch for some time and thanks to Amazon and their low prices, I finally bought this product. Installation was fairly easy. I took me about an hour to install. I tested it a few times and I'm pleased with this produce. I have not gotten my Jeep stuck really bad to fully load test this winch, but I'm very happy with it. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Thanks Amazon.

I ordered the Smittybilt XRC 10 winch based primarily on price and previous experience with their products. I knew it wouldn't be used regularly, so I looked primarily at lower priced units. It came well packaged with clear instructions. I had it mounted on my 07 Jeep Wrangler with Smittybilt XRC front bumper in about an hour (including wiring). We've used it a couple times now and it seems to be exactly what they say. I was most impressed with the ease of install and the good instructions. Everything was there and I didn't have to improvise parts as you do with many products these days. I would recommend the XRC 10 for anyone looking for an occasional use winch who doesn't want to spend a fortune.

At first the winch seems heavy duty that can endure some offroad use. After only a few months and only 3 uses, the winch does not work anymore. Also, the hardware shows some rust and here in south texas it hardly rains and the winch didn't even make it out to the beach yet. I'm not even going to take the time to pull it appart to see whats wrong. SAVE YOU MONEY AND GET A WARN. - Jk - Smittybilt - Winches - Winch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wrangler - jk, winches jk Wrangler - jk, winches