Tuesday 18 May 2010

Crew Socks - warm socks


I like the socks and have been wearing them for the last week or so, but one thing I have noticed is that my feet seem to be sweating. I typically don't have sweaty feet but these socks don't seem to let my feet breath as much regular cotton socks. I'm not sure if these are 100% cotton or not but they seem to have a higher elastic/stretch material in them than other socks I have had in the past. Gold Toe Men's Cotton Metropolitan Dress Sock, Khaki, 3-Pack

These dress socks are good and versatile. I use them in many situations. I am between the office and several satellite offices frequently. They have good wear. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of five is because these new Gold Toe socks are more nylon-ish than the older kind, which more cotton and polyester. The old ones held up even better. The new ones can rip a little faster. Of course, I am an office person that uses dress socks for most places I go.

It's a love/hate relationship. I love the comfort and feel of these socks. They fit like a glove and are soft and very comfortable. They are however hot depending on your shoes.



Around the house I will wear nothing other than these great socks, but I find if i'm not wearing well-vented shoes my feet get very warm and a bit damp, which isn't my favorite. Thus, it is a love/hate relationship with these socks.



Buy them for around the house or colder months outdoor activities.

I used to buy only polo or calvin klein socks which were about twice the price of gold toe. I saw gold toe on sale at Macy's 3 for $18 and decided to try them out.



Most important to me is they feel nice on my feet, some dress socks are a polyester blend and feel scratchy on my feet. Not Gold Toes, they are soft and are not too tight which adds to the comfort. Finally they are thin which is important to me as most of my dress shoes are tight.



Durability is also a plus, I have never had a pair unravel or rip. They also breathe well and release moisture better than most brands.

I only recently began using the Gold-toe dress socks. I have found that these socks wear very well. I have diabetes and these socks hug my legs without cutting into them, something diabetics need to watch. Very comfortable to wear all day and evening.

Shipment arrived quickly and the merchandise was excellent quality. Amazon continues to provide excellent service and quick delivery.



However, after some in-store shopping I realized that I overpaid for three pair of Gold Toe socks. But the convenience of online shopping may be more costly at times.

As far as socks go, these are a really good pair. They stay in place, look good, haven't frayed or torn. They are lightweight, so don't expect much warmth in the winter, but the upside is they stay cool in warmer temps. About all you can ask for in a sock. - Warm Socks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Crew Socks - warm socks warm socks Crew Socks - warm socks