Wednesday 5 May 2010

Wirebound Notebooks - wirebound notebooks


I thought I'd save some time and money buying a notebook online instead of heading to the campus bookstore. Bad idea. Without being able to see the product before purchase, I had no way of knowing how cheap it was.

The pages are not perforated, but sometimes they rip out easily because the edge is cut too close to the spiral binding. The binding also works its way out of the pages because there is nothing at the ends to keep it in place. The notebook is also floppy, so it needs to be resting on a flat surface in order to turn the pages.

Next time I need a notebook, I'm spending more money, and examining it in person first. Mead Spiral 1-Subject Wide-Ruled Notebook, 1 Notebook, Color May Vary, Assorted Colors (05510)

This is not a good notebook AT ALL. The pages are very soft. Even worse, the covers are also soft. The spiral binding is not done right and it always messes up the bottom of the pages (you'll know what I mean when you use it). I tried to treat the notebooks like they were eggs to keep the bindings from destroying the bottom of the pages, but it always does no matter what. I bought a bunch when it was on sale, and was stuck using it for 1.5-2 years since I did not want to throw all of it away. It was a bad experience.



This is a bad product. I recommend buying the Staples version of the 1-subject ruled notebook. It is much cheaper and better than Mead.

When it gets to back to school time, you can buy these for 15-20 cents and buy like 8 for the *sale* price you pay here. I gave it 5 stars because it IS a decent notebook for people who go through them quicky and it IS worth 15 cents.

I have used these notebooks for taking notes in class. They are durable and handy. I like having one notebook dedicated for each subject or class. It helps to keep things better organized. However,I do prefer the narrow ruled better and I usually wait until just before the new school year, usually in August, and go to WalMart and buy them 10 for a Dollar. If you can wait and plan ahead you can get them for a much better price.

This purchase is such a no brainer. Note that Amazon only lets you buy a total of three of these, but it can help you make the $25 free shipping threshold. At present, these are going for 45 cents versus the 51 cents I paid. You cannot purchase these in the grocery store for that price, which is where I usually get them. I go through these notebooks regularly, using them for shopping lists and planning events. Okay, I'm getting to the point that at times I have to write things down because I can't remember them otherwise. You say, why not post its? Yes, I use those too, but occasionally the project is much more than a post it can handle. For instance, when I go away for one or two weeks, there are a number of things I have to remember to do during the seven days before I leave. So, I dedicate a page for each day and write down the things that have to be done. Similarly, Thanksgiving is coming up. For the two weeks prior, I have a ton of things that need to be done before T Day, and then each day I check off the things as they are completed. Never mind Christmas. You get the idea. I don't care about whether there is a particular quality to the paper or whether the perforation is perfect. The pages are torn out as tasks are completed. And yes, I have even given them to my grandkids for their school projects, with no complaints.

After recently joining Amazon. com, and setting up an account. I very please with your products and services. Thank you very much. I will continue to use Amazon.com to purchases for books an d other products that I use on a regular basis.

Reading is fundamental -- for some reason i saw the photo of multple notebooks and thought that I was getting a great deal on a pack of notebooks. In reality you are getting ONE notebook. In which case i could have gotten this cheaper at a store. My fault for not reading the details properly and assumning that the picture reflected what I was buying. - Wirebound Notebooks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wirebound Notebooks - wirebound notebooks wirebound notebooks Wirebound Notebooks - wirebound notebooks