Wednesday 5 May 2010

Stainless Steel Cookware - casserole, all clad


It's amazing. Totally nonstick. Light as a feather, unlike the Le Creuset dutch oven. I use it for everything. And because it is so nonstick, you can use as much or as little oil as you like and it still works fine. All-Clad Cast Aluminum 5-1/2-Quart Dutch Oven with Two Oven Mitts

I never had a dutch oven before and now I don't know how I lived without it. I use it stovetop to make my tomato sauce, in the oven to make brisket, etc.It's a perfect size for my family dinners. The cleanup on the pot is so easy. Even after baking in the oven for hours, I could just wipe out the inside and it would be clean. Using the mitts are essential though, it gets very hot.

We bought the All Clad 5.5 Quart Dutch oven to replace our old, loved and very frequently used cast aluminum 5.5 Quart Dutch Oven. Once it arrived, I pulled out the Dutch oven it was to replace... and it looked smaller. 5.5 quarts is 5.5 quarts right? Wrong! I filled our new All Clad to the rim with 5 Quarts of water. I was hoping it would be a little larger!

I have many All-Clad products including a set of the original anodized aluminum over stainless steel that is still in very good shape. Quality is usually extraordinary.



This Dutch Oven cooks evenly and heats up quickly. Purchasers should realize that it has integral aluminum handles that heat up which means that you must use the included oven mitts.



This is the only non-stick pot that I own (which is why I purchased it). The coating is inside and outside for easy cleaning. I loved it for three months. Then I noticed a very small area on the inside bottom where the non-stick coating had worn off. Three months later and the worn area is spreading like a rash. This in spite of the fact that I have been exceptionally careful. No metal has ever been anywhere near the inside of the pot (only nylon utensils) and I have cleaned this exclusively with a sponge. No harsh cleansers.



This is disappointing because it is such a great pot, particularly for the money.

I am a big lover of LeCreuset and have many of their pots - I also have many All Clad pots. When I saw this pot on SurLa Table for 39.99 free shipping - I thought I'd give it a try. I was leary when I got it - very light and wondered how it would compete with the cast iron. Yesterday, I made pot roast INCREDIBLE results. Today, pulled pork - in the oven - same incredible results. The pot is light, non-stick, cleans easily and very very nicely priced. Don't have to kill myself lugging the huge LeCreuset anymore - for small roasts - this will be my go-to pot. Going to order another now for my sister-in-law who just had her kitchen remodeled. Highly highly recommend.

First off, it isn't necessarily clear on the All-clad website but this piece is made in China.



I had to send back the first one they sent me because it had two large imperfections in the cooking surface. The replacement also has a flaw in the cooking surface but it isn't large enough for me to bother returning it again.



Also, the non-stick surface extends all the way around to the bottom of the piece. This means that you should probably never use it on the stove top even though the description says you can. There is absolutely no reason to pay a premium on this item when you can get made in China items much cheaper from other brands.



The gloves are nice.

I bought this pot a few weeks ago. All I made were two soups over medium heat on my gas stove. The non stick surface started to bubble already! In both recipes,there has never been anything with high acidity and what not that might have bothered the surface. Yes, of course I used very mild dish detergent with no scent, no chemical and no color. My other non stick pot is still like new even though I've used it almost everyday for the past 5 years. - Dutch Oven - All Clad - Cookware - Casserole'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Stainless Steel Cookware - casserole, all clad cookware Stainless Steel Cookware - casserole, all clad