Friday 28 May 2010

Adjustable - spri, weight training


These are the best ankle weights i have owned in terms of durability and comfort. Most ankle weights are too loose, causing them to slip and put pressure on your ankle bones, or when you do tighten them, do not allow blood flow to your feet, making them "fall asleep". These weights have very comfortable inner lining, and are flexible enough to allow blood flow.



It is always a good idea to wear some additional padding when using heavy ankle weights, so neoprene ankle supports are highly recommended to go with these or any ankle weights. When i wear these with my ankle braces, i can barely feel them on my ankles (aside from the fact that they are heavy, of course). These weights are among the least expensive, and best, ankle weights i have ever used. SPRI PL-AW10R 10lb. Pro Line Ankle Weight

I've been searching FOREVER for a decent set of leg weights that weigh over 5 pounds. These have little velcro pouches that you can open & close to vary the weights.

Each pouch holds 2 weights, giving you a great deal of varible weight combo's that are uniformly distributed around your ankle.



That said, now let me tell you what could be improved with them! I am 5'5" tall and weigh 110 pounds,(VERY "FIT") but have a "large" frame, my shoe is size 9 1/2, however the velcro wraps on these weights & the weights themselves will not fit TIGHTLY around my ankles unless I overlap the material they are sewn on.If the weight sections & materials to wrap them around your ankles was about an inch or so LESS, they would better fit a wider range of people. But perhaps these were designed solely with Men in mind! Also as to the little velcro closures, my son who is 15 wanted to give them a try running, & each time he took off the weights literally FLEW OUT, everywhere!! Luckily we found them all. Sooo...... IF you want a set for running, these are NOT for you!

But I use them every other day (leg day) & other than having to overlap them to get them snug, they work just great! I also have never bothered adjusting the weights in them, too much of a bother! I would just rather do all the reps I can at that weight, than fiddle with all the little pouches! Now if they just had some HEAVIER ones! Hmmmmm??? Hint ...Hint...

These are the first ankle/wrist weights I have had in 20 years. These are specifically for your ankles though. I am big guy so for me these are great and fit well on my ankles and I can wear them on my wrists since they are big enough and if not doing anything too crazy as being they are large they could fall or fly off of my wrists.



They are very flexible with your movements and adjustable in that you can take weight out them. The weights are small little rods in individual velcro pouches and thus you can make them less than 5lbs each which is great if you have other family members using them and are not up to a 5lb weight. It may sound like nothing but if you have not worked out with leg or arm weights you can really get a workout from a wide array of exercises.



They seem very well made and durable and easy to clean as needed with just some soap and water on a sponge if you they get dirty and I would suggest wearing them over thick socks or as another reviewer mentioned some neoprene ankle sleeves. Like the ones might use when working out for support of the ankle.



Lastly if you don't like them or they are not what you expected or needed you usually have 30 days via Amazon's return policy or most vendors as well, but of course check out return policy b4 ordering.

5/1/10 update (overdue):



I did hear from the manufacturer who acknowledged, indicated intent to correct (and apparently did) the perception that there are two weights (when there is only one).



Further, they sent me an additional one at no charge (after having offered to refund my money, shipping, etc.).



The only reason I do not give the product a 5 Star rating is a lack of history in use: so far, quite pleased...but the project related to winter camping was accomplished and though due for another intensive hike, the weights haven't been used otherwise. My sense is that they are quality and I hope that they hold up well over time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________



Can't really refer to the overall quality of the product but beware that the presentation (including with the Amazon.com picture on the website) seems to suggest 2 weights (1 for each ankle).



There is ONLY ONE weight for ONE ankle.



Preparing for a winter camping trip (ankle weights on while at the gym recreates - and prepares my ancient legs - for the weight of boots/skis/snowshoes), I spent some time shopping for the numerous options online. Fatigued by the time I got to the reviews of this item (with all prior options being 2 weights), I missed the negative customer review caution.



Now reviewing the text, it does suggest one weight..and the picture shows the model only wearing one weight - with a weight on the floor in front (and the other picture shows two weights). This would appear to be intentionally mis-leading on the part of the manufacturer which leads me to consider returning them - if the shipping wasn't so damn expensive. Definitely WON'T be buying any other products from that company.



In retrospect, @ [...] for one ankle weight, it would have been more cost-effective (and timely) to have bought a reportedly poorer quality product - @ least there would have been 2 of them! & I could buy replacements and still be ahead of the game!

these are some solid ankle weights. the only problem is if you are trying to run really fast or use them on a bike the weights may shoot out the top because they are only secured with velcro that doesn't stick very tightly

Keep in mind that there's only ONE weight, not two. So if you want one for each ankle, you need to buy two.



I ordered mine from Amazon, and the weights themselves were not as described. On the outside of the box, it says it has 10 one-pound weights, one for each slot in the strap. The actual product had 18 half-pound weights, and each slot in the strap held two. But one of the slots was empty, meaning I was missing a whole pound. I measured the total weight of the product on my digital scale, and it came out to less than 10 pounds. The weights themselves appear quite cheap and don't seem to be completely even. They are poorly-crafted pieces of metal that look like they were spray-painted black. One of the bars even had a piece of newspaper stuck to it (in this "new" product).



I'm sure the product works great. I just received mine and haven't tried it out, yet. The strap itself is very well made. I was just disappointed with the quality of the bars (especially that some were missing). - Spri - Weight Training - Strength Training - Adjustable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adjustable - spri, weight training weight training Adjustable - spri, weight training