Monday 31 May 2010

37 Inch - 37 inch


I haven't seen too many reviews for this so I'll try and give one. Like the other reviewer this is my first HDTV so if there was anything bad to say about this tv it would have to be pretty significant. I don't see any Y in the product code anywhere so I guess it's entirely possible that Amazon only sells the VA versions and not the IPS.



Overall, the color and resolution is great and so is the sound. Xbox games look fantastic and HD movies are clear. With about only 6 screws the floor stand assembly wasn't difficult at all and connecting devices to the tv is also very hassle-free with a few HDMI and USB ports on the side as well as the back. Lastly, the remote doesn't take long to learn and is free of convoluted unnecessary buttons.

The options menu is very easy to navigate. Adjusting the picture isn't difficult at all. Along with the normal picture adjustment settings there are preset picture setting shortcuts that are for specific functions (ex. sports, gaming, movies, ect.) making it very easy to switch from one viewing experience to another if you're that type of person. The lighting issues that some other people might be having are easily fixed by going into the display options and changing the picture mode (intelligent sensor issue) or just by lowering/turning off the energy saver option (screen dimming issue).



Hooking my pc up to the tv was extremely easy; the only problem was getting an audio cable that connects the pc to the tv speakers. I doubt most people would try this but you can just use the same cable that they sell at Walmart for about $10 that connects a mp3 player to your car's head unit and not have any problems.



The only problem I have is that the tv display of the computer screen is a little too large and cuts off the very right side just enough to where you can't see the vertical scrolling bar for internet explorer or any programs' red close button. I tried fixing this but the manual says that some graphics cards cause the image to not be positioned correctly on the screen so I guess it's not a common problem. LG 37LK450 37-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV

I've had this for about a month and really like it. The only thing I notice is that when it is dark out and there is no or little light in the room, the screen seems very dark and not as bright as during the daytime. Or maybe its just my aging eyes?

So far I'm a big fan of this TV. I kept an eye on the listing on Amazon and then saw it in a retail store. It looked better than most other sets in the size range. For some reason, 37" TVs don't seem to be stocked very well in stores anymore. The picture is way better than 37" Samsung TVs that I have seen. They were the other brand that I was considering. The Amazon price is about $30 less for this model than at Best Buy (As of July 2011).



At first, the TV looked really dark, but when I found the environmental/screen brightness option the picture became perfect. The cable HD picture is really great through the HDMI port. Standard def isn't as nice, but that's typical with all TVs I believe. I don't have BluRay, so I can't really review how they look. I bought this TV when my comparable Vizio died after 13 months. This is a great TV for the price. It looks better than many more expensive TVs as well.

Don't get me wrong. I love my TV. I can't imagine getting a better picture for the price. But I wish I had done a little more research about the VA vs IPS panels before I opened the box and kept this. It seems to me (from reading alot since my purchase) that the low price Amazon is offering might be a result of only dishing out the VA versions of this LCD. I've read some threads on other sites from people who bought this TV here and we all seem to be missing the "Y" in the product code (that indicates an IPS panel).



This was my first flat screen purchase though, so I was easy to please. I still think the picture is great, and I haven't had any trouble playing PS3 (FIFA and Black Ops). Of course it would be hard for me to know the difference since this is all I've owned, but I am still happy with the purchase.

Please put more reviews for this tv!!! I saw this in best buy and it looked very impressive against most other tvs. Its also a very reasonable price. But I'm a bit taken back by the reviews thus far. Not sure if I should go through with this or not... - 37 Inch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


37 Inch - 37 inch 37 inch 37 Inch - 37 inch