Friday 9 April 2010

Wet Erase Markers - dry erase board, dryerase


I bought this to accompany a portable white board I had purchased.

The markers all work well as expected, and the spray is nice when the board is extra dirty.

The eraser works alright, but it can get pretty beat up after a bit of use.

I would suggest getting another eraser because the one that comes in this kit is pretty basic, it's made out of styrofoam like material and feels a bit flimsy. Expo 6-Piece Original Dry Erase Marker Starter Kit

The whiteboards in the room I was assigned to this year are rather of old, misused (posters and flyers were taped on them), and marker absorbs into them very easily. I could not get them clean unless I used Expo spray cleaner, a lot of it, and rubbed for a long time with a soft paper towel. I used Quartet to recondition my boards, but the ink still sank in, smeared, and ghosted horribly.



Then I switched markers from Marks-a-lot to Expo markers, and FINALLY my boards erase clean! This ink does not sink in and stain the surface. The eraser works well (better than my old one), and the cleaner is good to have around as well. I'm so glad I no longer have to spray cleaner and waste paper towels on my board everyday.



If you can't get your boards clean, it could be your markers. I'll only use Expo now.

This is a decent starter set of dry erase markers but the eraser it comes with is just absolute garbage. It's made of styrofoam, has no weight to it, and feels like its going to blow out of your hand any second. I guess using plastic was cutting too much into their profit margins. When you consider how cheap the eraser is, you're basically paying 8 bucks for 4 markers and a small bottle of cleaning spray.

My family uses our white board for; lists, to do items, general communication notes etc... Well eventually we needed new markers and these do the trick - cheaper to buy then at the store (like everything else on Amazon) and work great!

As a college student, I wanted a starter set that gives me both flexibility and value- and this set delivered. The markers aren't the best, but they do the trick. My roommate and I mostly worked on equations, brainstormed, and wrote notes to each other on a whiteboard in our room. It was nice. I think the blue worked the best, and didn't really care for the green- especially against the sunlight in our room that often made the green turn too light. Other than than, no complaints.

The set is a good one and the markers are nice and strong. The eraser is rather impressionable, so dont use your nails on it or it's have little dents everywhere. It bothers me a bit, but may be fine otherwise! The cleaning fluid is also good, but mak sure to keep it on a couple of seconds before wiping.

These markers are great. They last well and color great. They also erase better than other markers so that the board is more easily cleaned. I have bought other brands before that have in no way compared to this brand. I would recommend these to others.

A four by six foot Expo white board has been on the wall of my office for years. As easy as the white board is to use, I still miss the look of the old slate chalk boards. Of course, I do not miss the messiness of the chalk dust that used to get over everything. I had no idea that there were black dry erase boards. Now, I have one! I just received an Expo black board and neon marker combo. I love it.



The black board now sits on the wall above my desk. It attaches to the wall magnetically. I can write on it with the neon markers that came with the kit. They all show up well. It looks like the black boards that restaurants use for posting the specials-of-the-day. Post-it notes stick to it, as do magnets. These cute black boards can be obtained separately from the markers. They come in 8.5 x 11 inch and 10 x 10 inch sizes.



I tested the neon markers on the new black board as well as on my large white board. The neon markers show up well on black, but only the pink color can be read easily on the white board. The neon dayglow on black looks great. The neon markers can also be purchased separately.



In the interest of science, I also tested the white board markers on the black board. I tried blue, red, green and black. Although, they are great on the white board, they are not at all visible on the black board.



The one necessary item that did not come with the combo kit is an eraser Fortunately, I already had a standard Expo eraser. It erases the neon writing easily. A paper towel also works.



Altogether, I am very happy with my new black board, the old white board, the markers, and eraser. I cannot wait until they come out with larger black boards, so that I can satisfy my retro leanings with the new technology. - Dryerase - Boards - Dry Erase - Dry Erase Board'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wet Erase Markers - dry erase board, dryerase dry erase Wet Erase Markers - dry erase board, dryerase