Friday 9 April 2010

Ipod Touch - iphone 3g charger, ipod touch


THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE IPHONE 3G. The 3G software gave me the same message for both the wall charger and the car charger -- saying that the charger was not compatible and that it would not allow charging. The charger is labeled as an IPod charger, and no more. The USB connector seemed to work fine. Apple iPhone 3G Charger Kit 3 Piece Set - Travel / Wall Charger, Car Charger, and 2.0 2in1 Charging Sync USB Data Cable

The quality of the product is not up to Apple standards, but neither is the price. 8-) These are basic, no-frills accessories.



PRO: Cheap, cheap, cheap. Works well with my 2nd-gen iPod touch.



CON: The dock connector on the data cable and the car charger is larger than that on Apple's cable. If you have a case with a particularly small opening (such as the fantastic SwitchEasy Neo Crystal), it may not fit without some modification. (No modification necessary for the wall charger's smaller plug.)



NOTE: The products I received WERE NOT the products pictured. I received a wall charger with a much smaller, sideways-oriented transformer. The data cable I received was a sturdy cable rather than the rather flimsy retractable one in the picture. These differences may be why my assessment differs from the earlier reviews of this product.

The items feel very generic and cheap but they are all compatible with my 2G Ipod Touch. I've heard of generic chargers causing problems for some people's ipods but nothing has happened with mine. I just remember it's charging and disconnect as soon as it's done.



Update: Car charger no longer works. I've only used it twice. - Iphone 3g Charger - Ipod Touch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipod Touch - iphone 3g charger, ipod touch ipod touch Ipod Touch - iphone 3g charger, ipod touch