Sunday 25 April 2010

Answering Machine - att phone, speakerphone


I needed 2 handsets and an answering machine. After a little online research, I chose this phone. It has lived up to its promise. It was easy to set up, the reception is great throughout the house, and the answering machine part is great too. The sleek design makes it a little tough to prop the phone between the shoulder and ear for a hands free call. I haven't used many of the extra features (like storing phone numbers in the phone), but the little screen is easy to read, and the options menu is easy to navigate. It's a great phone. AT&T DECT 6.0 White/Grey Digital Dual Handset Answering System (EL52209)

I bought this phone for my home office. It has several features that I really like.



-Unlike my last phone, the speaker button turns on and off the speaker phone option.

-It has a mute button which is very helpful for teleconferences.

-It does have a directory, so numbers can be added.

-The batteries in the handsets have a very long charge. So a 2-3 hour call is not a problem.

-I can switch handsets if one runs out of power. If a handset runs out of power, I only have a couple of minutes to find the other handset. So speed is of the essence.

-One option I find lacking is that this phone does not have a night mode where it can be set to automatically turn off the ringer at night.

-Sound quality is good.

-This phone does allow you to select from a set of ringers so it can have a unique ring. I find this helpful in identifying whether it is my house phone or business phone that is ringing.



Overall this phone has been a good choice.

Storing a lot of numbers is nice, and the sound was the best for me out of any cordless phones I have had. I have had problems with other newer phones interferring with my wireless internet router, but not this one. I have a solid dial tone and lighting fast dialing. The intercom feature is great too, now I don't have to yell upstairs to call the kids down.

This is a good, little phone for the price. It has many great features, and the sound quality is good. It's also very neat looking, and it is especially convenient to have the second unit elsewhere in the house.

I feel dreadfully old fashioned for being a landline hold out but if you're looking at this phone, you are too.

This has all the features I needed in a phone.It's cordless, it has an answering machine which is just more convenient for me than voicemail because I can screen calls even if the caller id is blocked, and it has 2 handsets. One of them I keep in my bedroom which doesn't have an outlet on the charger in there, the other one is in the living room.

The volume for the ringers are very easy to set and can be set loudly enough to wake up even the soundest sleeper.

The battery time is decent. It has to be. I have a bad habit of forgetting to put the phone back in the charger. The screens and the buttons are all easy to see and use.

We've had this two-pack for a few months now and both handsets work very well. It's nice having the second set where we don't have to get up while watching tv to check the caller ID. Battery life so far has been good as has sound quality. The menu system for making custom adjustments is pretty straightforward. I do wish that there were some better choices for ring tones. Most are obnoxious but at least we have the volume turned way down. The answerer works well and is very easy to use. Overall, at this point I would buy this product again.

We needed to replace a wall mounted unit with voice recording and two hand sets. This ATT unit met our expectations. The set up was easy, the hand sets are weighty enough and we can talk from our patio, about 50' from the base unit.

I've investigated and read about all what's out there and it looks like nothing is made very well any more. There is just junk to choose from.



I like the larger buttons that are easy to press. There are about 5 or 6 ring styles and the volume can be changed anywhere from lowest to highest. However the sound is not that good as they say. Maybe compared to others it might be better, but overall it's not great. You have to put your ear perectly to the phone or you might not hear well, and the recorded outgoing message voice sounds distorted to the callers. Oh, and getting to even record an outgoing message can be tricky to find on the menu. The battery could last longer too; just 4 days stand-by (no use) is not very good. Also, stored telephone numbers have to be programmed seperately into each handset as there is no way to send info from one hanset to the other. No speed-dial, but that's not a big deal to me.



So the only good thing that the new phones have that the old ones didn't is that they don't get interference from other electronics in the home. But otherwise, like everything else, the quality is less and less... - Answering Machine - Att Phone - Speakerphone - Dect Cordless Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Answering Machine - att phone, speakerphone answering machine Answering Machine - att phone, speakerphone