Sunday 28 March 2010

Womens Watches - watches, womens watches


This is the 4th or 5th watch in this series that I've owned. This one allows for multiple interval timing. Fantastic!



I 'did' the Chicago marathon this past fall. The group that I train with runs for 3 minutes and then walks for 2 minutes on all of our training runs. This watch alternates these intervals, sounding an alarm after each! The buttons are intuitive, making it easy to use even with quite a few features.



The silver and black color combo has held up much better another black and metallic green Timex watch from another line did (The metallic green on the watch face scraped off). The band has openings which is nice (your wrist doesn't get sweaty). Good value. Timex Women's T59201 Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50-Lap Resin Strap Watch

I've uploaded several photos so you can see for yourself why I gave this watch only 1 star. Timex Ironman are my favorite watches, and I have owned several over the years (currently I own the Timex Ironman 30 Lap and it's great -- no problems with it whatsoever). But this one ... such a disappointment and ONLY because the resin strap/band is a piece of junk and the 'paint job' on face wore off almost immediately. The timepiece itself is fantastic. No problems there, but after the nice silver paint wore off, the little loop that prevents the excess band from catching on your clothing split and fell off (not a piece you can find & replace). Then the band started cracking in many places and the problem is not just aesthetic. Eventually it's going to fall apart completely and I won't be able to wear it again. The band is not replaceable. Such a bummer. A great watch but the poor quality band ruins it. BTW - I've owned this watch for 1-2 years and wear it constantly, including in the shower. So I've definitely *used* it, but this is marketed as a *triathlon* watch so I would expect it to be able to stand up to things like water.

The Women's Ironman Triathlon watch is a good watch. It works well keeping track of my laps and timing. There are 2 major issues with this watch for me.



One, the band is not really comfortable. It is made of some kind of rubbery material that makes my wrist sweat! Also, the band is difficult to fasten because of the rather stiff nature of the material. The end of the band wants to keep "popping up" and you have to make sure to slide the loop over it each time. This is an inconvience when all you want to do is get on the track and get moving.



Issue #2 is the indiglow factor. When I push the indiglow to see the time in the dark, the numbers are illuminated but they are illuminated in such a way that makes them difficult to see! I was familiar with a Timex watch that would illuminate the face of the watch - literally flood it with light so that you could easily see and read the information. I was very disappointed with this feature of the watch.

Keeps great time and it is easy to operate - so I give it 3 stars.

Given an opportunity to buy this watch again, I would opt out. I am sure there are watches much more suited to the runner/walker's needs.

From the pool, to the bike, to the run; this watch does it all. Even when not racing this watch is a great daily wear and easy to navigate through all the options.

Multiple time zones and alarms make it easy as a traveler's watch and fits small wrists nicely.

I have been a faithful Timex purchaser and love their IRONMAN Watches and fell in love w/the new sleek design. Now Im not a "Triathlon runner" but I am a "TRIATHLON MOM" With 2 boys ages 2 and almost 4; Running around chasing and cleaning dishes and muddy shoes! This watch is awesome! I however am always finding myself having to buy a new WATCH when my band breaks or tears. I cant find a replacement. Only if TIMEX offered it on their website. The band/strap on this watch is different where it wraps/loops around the buttons on the sides. Love the watch, thou the band will give out first!

I love this watch. It's perfect for swim workouts and aquathlon races -- takes splits, can do intervals, etc. I use a different product with a heartrate monitor for my runs, but can't use it for my swims (since heartrate monitors can't transmit under water, and also, the unit itself is not waterproof). This Timex has an audible chime under water, and it's easy to set the various functions. It stores your workout splits so you can recall them later when logging your workout. I also love the 3 alarms - my schedule is different every day, so I use the alarms to remind me when to leave work for school, when to leave to pick up my son, etc. I had lost my first watch (same model), but never found another watch that had all the features I wanted for a reasonable price. This is my second one!!

I've used this model watch for the past three years of my cross-country career and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It's very light and not bulky at all - something every runner looks for in a watch. Along with that, the interval timer really comes in handy when doing timed work outs or when simply doing crunches. The fit is so comfortable and does not cut or chafe. Also, the battery life is outstanding (+ 1 year).



Though, I have had a few issues. I broke off the band that keeps the excess watch strap in place - though that may be my own doing from the roughness of the sports I play. Also, I've had to return the watch for a replacement due to water damage. Sure, it was covered by the warranty - but it's still a hassle to deal with if the problem comes up - though, I've only experienced this when steam gets into the watch or while swimming in high pressure circumstances - like when diving.



That being said, when I lost the watch - I immediately replaced it with the same model. If you're looking of a light, sleek, and versatile watch this will definitely do.

Despite claims, this watch is NOT waterproof. The whole reason I bought it is so I could wear it in the pool. After only a few swims it began taking on water and shorted out. I would NOT recommend this watch if you plan on getting it wet. - Timex - Ironman Watch - Watches - Womens Watches'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Womens Watches - watches, womens watches ironman watch Womens Watches - watches, womens watches