Sunday 28 March 2010

Liquid Ink Highlighters


These are pretty good highlighters. They aren't bright like most highlighters, so they look more like markers. Unlike most liquid highlighters, these dry fast, so you don't have to worry about ink smearing onto the facing page.Spring Action Chisel Tip: The tip of the highlighter is chisel shaped, like most highlighters. There is a spring inside the barrel, so if you accidentally press too hard, the tip will adjust so you don't damage it. Zebra's Zazzle Brights Liquid Ink Highlighter Chisel Tip Assorted 10 Pack (71111)

I am a teacher at an elementary school and I like these Zazzle highlighters very much. I personally consider them THE BEST. The very first set I purchased, I used each color multiply times a day and they have lasted me for 2+ years. I just purchased 2 new sets and there is still a touch of ink in the tubes of the older set. They do not dry out quickly like other name brand highlighters. If you are careful and do not press down hard when you use them, the tips do not break down & the ink comes out minimial and does not run. To use them properly, simply highlight or press ever-so-lightly. Not much effort at all. Of course, in any liquid-filled product, you must replace the cap each time or the tip will dry out, briefly, depending on how long the cap was left off. A good shake or a slight touch of water will bring them bring them back to life. They are great highlighters with a long life!!!

These are excellent highlighters. There is however a little learning curve with respect to how you use them. The criticism of some that they soak through the page and blotch so that you can't turn the page until the ink dries is related to a poor application. If you use them with a light and steady stroke, they never bleed through the page; if you use a lingering stroke, a heavy application, or if you start and stop again with a lot of pressure on the pen tip, they will blotch and even soak through. It is only a matter of correct technique to fix that problem. These pens are not very good for glossy pages however; for example, magazine pages don't absorb the ink very well and you do have to wait for the ink to dry. For most books, text books, and typical paper pages, I have never had a probem with them soaking through, and I have used these pens for years (I read constantly and underline something on almost every page). The different colors can be matched, doubled up, or covered over each other to create new colors, and lightly applied they still don't soak though. They also won't work real well as Bible hightlighters though; most Bibles have very thin pages, and the ink does show through. With a light steady application, they go on very bright, don't fade over time, and are pleasing to the eyes. I want my underlining to look good, not messy, and these are the best pens I have found so far, and I have tried a great many brands.

I have been using the blue to highlight text in my class notes, and I love these. They highlight without hiding the text, which can sometimes happen with some colors.

I love that you can see how much ink is left in the pen, a feature I have often wished other companies would adopt.

It took a short while to get used to the spring action, but it really isn't a problem.

Although I love the color assortment, I would love to be able to buy a box of a single color as well, as I inevitably end up using some colors more than others.

I purchased these for work and school over 2 years ago. With consistent use they have only now all run out and I am purchasing a new set. Lots of colors makes organizing easy, doesn't bleed through paper, smudge or leak. They are the bright spot in my work day!

These highlighters come in pretty colors, but even without much pressure, so much liquid comes out while you're highlighting that it pools and dries very slowly. I ended up having to sit in class with paper towels to soak up any extra liquid, smudging a lot of the highlights in the process, and therefore having the product defeat it's purpose. This happened to me with all the highlighters in the pack, so it wasn't just one defective highlighter. Stay away from them!

I've been using the same 5 pack of Zazzle highlighters since 2002, the ink lasts very long and you can adjust how the dark the color is by how much you press down. I bought this ten pack last month to take with me to school and I'm happy to report that nearly 10 years later the quality is the same, but with a much wider variety of colors. Another thing that makes these highlighters so great is that you can use them on thin pages (like in your scriptures) without the color bleeding through to the other side.

I love these highlighters! One day I randomly found some in my office and now I'm addicted. My favorite thing is the spring loaded chisel tip! If you press down hard the highlighter adjusts so you don't ruin the tip, which is really nice. Someone else mentioned too much liquid coming out but I haven't experienced that at all. The ones I have dry very quickly and don't smear. I highly recommend these highlighters! They're the best I've ever used.

Great highlighters. But they kinda show up like a marker, like the other day i used the purple, and yes it highlighted but it showed up purple..i know that kinda sounds weird but most highlighters show up more Florescent!



Also i read a review stating "But even without much pressure, so much liquid comes out while you're highlighting that it pools and dries very slowly" !!!NOT TRUE!!! I have used these highlighters more then once, even on a calender and not ever has any liquid spilled out. I can even write with them, almost like a pen!



But i do have to say, im still wondering if these Zazzle highlighters are actually worth $9?? Im not sure yet, i would probably purchase them again. I have to try the Zazzle gel pens!!

I first used these highlighters in college years ago and was instantly hooked. Now I pretty much refuse to use anything else. They are bright, barely smudge, and come in colors I can't find anywhere else. My only complaint would be that they don't last as long as some other highlighters. But it's not a huge difference, so I'll continue to purchase these.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Liquid Ink Highlighters Liquid Ink Highlighters Liquid Ink Highlighters