Monday 15 March 2010

Gps Dashboard Mount - dashboard mount, gps dashboard mount


I've purchased other GPS dash mounts but this one is worth the few dollars more IMO. Even though they all perform well, this one has better looks and functionality. Compare the pictures and you'll notice that the material that encloses the weight is smooth and has no folds. You'll also notice the open area in the front. It will allow you to tilt your GPS down further for a better viewing angle while on the dash. As a result of being lower, it blocks less of your vision. I actually see the hood of my SUV above the GPS and no road blockage at all. It just looks better. For now, this would be my choice if I needed another one. ARKON CM012 Magellan, Nextar, HP, Navigon, Garmin, TomTom Friction Dash Mount

I hated sticking the Magellan Roadmate to the windshield and having it fall off or getting hot in the sun. But did not want to make any mess of my dashboard. So I tried this.

It is heavy enough that I didn't need the little peg for holding it on the dash. Was smooth enough so that the GPS did not come unstuck. Was well worth the price.

Very stable. But on the first hot day, I got in the car to find the plastic disc seperated from the pad. Investigation showed that there are 4 small screws that secure the disc to the mount, which had all pulled out. I reatteched the disc with some liquid nails glue, and now it is holding up nicely.

Unit arrived with dryed glue all over the suction pad What idiot would ship this like that?

Tried cleaning it off, my gps would not stick to it, ended up gluing the the plastic disc that came with the gps onto the surface. That seemed to fix the problem let's hope it will stay glued.

Therefore I give this pad no stars as it was defective, but the expense of shipping it back is not worth it or the hassle!

Company replaced product with no problem at all so i rate it five stars



Royal from Rhode Island

I got exactly what I should have expected. Works well with my standard TomTom920 windshield mount. Delivery was quick. I haven't used the safety hook since it's heavy enough to stay put.



I should have expected the only downsides for my use. These are that it's too big to put in my center console with the GPS attached and it's too heavy to travel with and use with for use with a rental car.

At least in my Silverado I'd need to mount the hook or the unit will slowly slide off the dash. I just really don't care to put an adhesive hook permanently on my dash. the base is a little too rigid. If it was a bit heavier and more bean bag like, I think it would slide less. It's ok for what it is, just not great. Quality if fine.

UNI WGHTD DSH MNT W/SAFTY is the must for portable navigation system in car installation. Easy to install, secure your portable GPS on the dash board without damaging the surface, easily removed to avoid potential car brake in. Good quality materials and workmanship.

The quality seemed good, but my dashboard has some nice curves and this mount is not very flexible at all. It would probably be good if your dashboard has a flat area (flat not level, since it has descent grip on the bottom). I ended up returning it because it didn't work for me. - Dashboard Mount - Gps Dash Mount - Gps Dashboard Mount - Tomtom'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Gps Dashboard Mount - dashboard mount, gps dashboard mount gps dash mount Gps Dashboard Mount - dashboard mount, gps dashboard mount