Friday 5 March 2010

Fireplace Gloves - leather gloves, dutch oven


When we bought our new woodstove, I wanted some elbow length (for me, a woman) leather gloves to protect my hands and arms when I carried wood in, and again, when I added wood to the hot woodstove. No more burned forearms when I accidentally brush against the door frame of the stove!



I know they're supposed to be gloves for welders, but I can highly recommend them for any chore where you need complete protection of your hands & arms. US Forge 403 18-Inch Extra Length Welding Gloves

Picked up these gloves for my welding projects. They work great, very durable, and supple - easy to handle tools and smaller items.

The extra length is handy for keeping sparks and slag off the forearms.

The item arrived on time.

I would definately recommend these gloves and would purchase other items from U.S. Forge.

I bought these welding gloves, primarily based on everyone's glowing reviews of using them with a woodstove. I heat my home with my woodstove, I start it in November usually, and never have to start a new fire again until we're finished burning in late March usually. These gloves were purchased to replace a set of fireproof gloves which wore out in the fingers after about a burning season of use. The one thing I didn't like about the fireproof gloves was that they only came up to my mid-forearm. This meant that when I was loading my woodstove (insert), I frequently burn the top of my arm on the hot steel above. I was quite happy to read that these were longer.



The gloves smell of leather, they have a really nice feel on your bare hands. However, they can't handle the continuous heat of a woodstove. Maybe for a quick brush with a hot log, but I certainly wouldn't want to have to pick up a log that fell onto the hearth with these gloves. A task that I did once without any burns with my fireproof gloves. One of my firebricks fell down, along with a steel elbow that holds it in place. I had to let the stove burn out in order to replace the brick and plate because the gloves couldn't shield my hands from the heat. And they begin smoking after a short period of time being exposed to the internal stove heat. I'm sure that this is the oils in the leather burning off.



Overall, I'm happy with the quality gloves, I can't ding any stars for the heat resistance as they do what they're supposed to for welding I'm sure. Just buyer beware of intended use, and you might want to stick to real fire gloves if that is your primary intention.

I use these for grilling, and they're awesome. No burns, no singed knuckles, and they're thick enough to hold extremely hot stuff without getting burned. These gloves end a few inches shy of my elbows, so they're perfect.

Like some others, I bought these gloves for loading and adjusting a wood stove that gets extremely hot. These gloves are outstanding and offered at a great price. I'm 6'1" and the gloves come all the way up to my elbow. The actual glove part (hand) is apparently one size fits all, but I would say they are larger than an average extra large glove. The glove is insulated and the gauntlet part of the glove is lined. Extremely well made.

Bought a pair of these for my parents to use with their wood burning stove. They are perfect for this application having the extra length. After giving them as a Christmas present I have decided to buy another pair for myself too. Excellent quality leather and stitching. I was a little nervous about not being able to try them on before buying them but I'm completely satisfied and I'd definitely recommend this product. - Gloves - Personal Safety - Leather Gloves - Dutch Oven'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fireplace Gloves - leather gloves, dutch oven gloves Fireplace Gloves - leather gloves, dutch oven