Thursday 4 March 2010

Electronics - earphones, apple


They not only fell apart after 3 days, but the metal part on the inside of the bud which is supposed to protect your eardrum, actually came off and cut the inside of my ear! I should really sue, Amazon you should be ashamed of yourselves letting shady dealers such as BrilliantStore sell on your site.



Only buy if you want to flush your $6 down the toilet, or you could just give it to me, either way you arent going to be happy you bought this completely useless product. I tried to give this no stars but it wont let me. Stereo Earbud Headphone for Apple iPod nano/ iPod mini/ iPod video/ iPod shuffle

When you order this item from BrilliantStore you get a different headphone then in the pictures.



The version they send comes with a cable saver in the middle. The cord is really short so you always have this heavy piece of plastic hanging between your ears and the ipod. Also when you receive the headphone the left and right ear cable are still attached to each other. When you want to wear it you have to pull the 2 cables apart. After you have done this the cable saver will no longer properly retract.



I know it is cheap but I can guarantee you that after a few days you will end up buying another headphone.

These are NOT the original apple earbuds but rather a cheap Imitation with high noise levels. What's more if 4.99 shipping, and if you buy several sets they will charge you shipping for EACH and then package it together. Nothing but a bad ripoff, be warned!

The item that is given to you is not at all what the picture is. You expect the quality iPod earphones, but what you get are cheap imitations. For $5, it's definitely worth it, but with the shipping, it costs nearly $10. I never used the earphones because they were terrible and fell apart the next day. I never bothered returning them because they aren't worth my time.



If you want cheap, temporary earphones, I don't even suggest this. There are much better earphones that cost about the same for a better quality.

I replaced these earbuds because they are weak-sounding. These OEM Apple earbuds came with the 60gb video iPod I purchased in the summer of 2006. The OEM earbud wire actually broke physically (I like to wrap the headphone wire vertically around the iPod, with the plug in the jack, when I'm not using it) and I decided to upgrade to an aftermarket pair both for physical durability and enhanced sonic quality. Let's be clear from the start: If you're listening to music on an iPod, we're NOT talking Hi-Fi to begin with, which I'm sure all you audiophiles out there already know but I just want to clarify this from the outset. That said, for the quality of reproduction you should expect from an iPod, you don't want your earphones to detract even further!



I recorded just about all (more than 95%) of my music into iTunes from my CD collection rather than buying it online from the iTunes store. Mostly I listen to rock, but also classical, jazz, opera and country, and I keep my iPod equalizer setting on "Rock" almost all the time. Usually I listen sitting on a train on my 2-hour commute to and from work weekdays. I reviewed all of the earbuds in this review on that setting. Also, I purchased all of these at the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue in New York City, which is a pretty cool place to go in and join the "buzz" [and which I have no affiliation with].



Apple OEM earbuds: I purchased these with the iPod in July 2006, replacement price $29 from Apple's website; Sound quality: 4 out of 10 [with 0 being "does not reproduce sound" and 10 being the "best" I think one could expect from earbuds with an iPod] -- poor bass response in real-life. In-ear fit: 4 out of 10 -- hard plastic discs stay in the outer ear canal generally but are not "snug", this lack of direct ear canal pressure detracts from lower-frequency reproduction ability. Durability: 3 out of 10 -- OK, maybe I shouldn't wrap the wire around the iPod, but I do... the stress that induced on the main wire at the jack caused the wire to break off after 5 months.



Senheisser Style OMX 90 earbuds: I purchased these in December 2006 for $89.95; sound quality: 5 out of 10 -- part of the reason I bought these is they were the only pair I could find with performance specifications listed on or in the package, I think they were claiming 19Hz-22kHz and 115dB, which looks pretty darn good on paper. Unfortunately, these, like the Apple OEM buds, are not snug in the ear canal so suffer from poor low-frequency response in real-life. In-ear fit: 2 out of 10 -- Jeez these looked cool, with their over-ear "eyeglasses" style clips I thought they'd be great, like the B&O A8s which I'd never tried but look so cool and cost twice as much and after all, they ARE Sennheisers, which I've had real cans by for my home stereo for decades and sound great... but when I actually used them they basically hung on my ears and flopped around in my ear canals more than the Apple OEM buds ever did. Durability: I can't really say because after a week I replaced them with the Bose Triports. These were the only buds with a volume control built in to the wire; I guess I liked this but in retrospect it just seems like a marketing gimmick -- I can just as easily adjust the volume on the iPod, so why bother with additional hardware (and weight) on my wires?



Bose Triport in-ear Headphones: I purchased these in December 2006 for $99.95; sound quality: 7 out of 10 -- I bought these to replace the Sennheisers and they were a HUGE improvement mainly (as far as I can tell) because of the anatomically-molded silicone ear canal inserts. These provide a snug in-ear fit which leads to vastly improved frequency response across the spectrum but most noticably in the bass frequencies. Unfortunately the bass response is actually muddy! I could improve this somewhat by switching from "Rock" to "Bass Reducer" on my iPod equalizer settings, but even so these always sounded muddy to me in the low frequencies... that said, MUCH better overall than the Apples and the Sennheisers. In-ear fit: 9 out of 10 -- these are fantastic, with 3 pairs of silicone inserts, large medium and small, should fit 99% of all listeners better than just about anything else available. Durability: 5 out of 10 -- Unfortunately, the wonderful silicone inserts do not stay attached to the plastic earbuds so I'd recommend if you like these that you purchase a case of the size you like; if you're like me, you'll lose a pair a month, on average.



Sure E3C-N (black) Headphones: I purchased these in April 2007 for $179.95, to replace the Bose Triports; this is a bit unfair since on a dollar basis I should be reviewing the Sure E2Cs, which cost $99.95 (similar to my other aftermarket buds), but in the end I decided perhaps you get what you pay for with earbuds and decided to double my budget for this set. Sound quality: 9 out of 10 -- much more even frequency distribution than the others, and smooth bass response unlike the Bose Triports. Also these are more efficient than any of the others, with iPod volume settings around 50% giving similar dBs in my ear as when I used the Triports on 85% and the Sennheisers on 100%. Crisp, clear sound all the way up to 100% on my iPod volume settings. In-ear fit: 7 out of 10 -- These buds come with a variety of size and composition inserts -- I use the small silicone symmetric hemispherical buds, which fit best for me, though they are less perfect than the ergonomic silicone inserts that come with the Triports. If you don't select the right size for your ear canal, the Sure inserts can begin to work loose (not as bad as the OEM Apples or the shaky Sennheisers) if you start to, say, walk; or chew. This is fairly irritating since when they're snug in-ear they sound really great (and you should insert them pretty far into your ear canal, pulling back on the ear as you insert them). Durability: I've only had them about a month, so hard to say, but the rubber inserts don't fall off the plastic part of the buds easily the way the Triports suffer; also the wires are about twice the diameter of the others in this review (which might also account for some of the better sonic efficiency), so I expect them to last longer physically than any of the others. - Apple - Ipod Headphones - Ipod - Earphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Electronics - earphones, apple earphones Electronics - earphones, apple