Sunday 14 March 2010

Camping Equipment - hammock, camping equipment


I ordered this for my husband for a Fathers Day gift & he loves it. It was extremely easy to set up. I really like the convenience of it folding up for easy storage when not in use. It is heavy enough to be sturdy yet light enough to pick up and move around.



My only negative comment is the length: My husband is 5'10" and the hammock is just about right for him. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone much taller than that. Other than that it is a great product! Strathwood Basics Portable Folding Hammock with Carry Bag, Chocolate with Champagne Frame

Ok, so I ordered this naively. Those of you liked this product have never laid in a hammock. There is this incredible womb-like property a hammock has, mostly because the material of the hammock assumes your shape, and because of that heady swaying motion that almost on contact transports you to a warm fuzzy place. This is not that. This is a cot. The material is a hard resin with no give, and more importantly, there are four points of contact, not the two that a hammock traditionally has, i.e., NO SWAY whatsoever. I was soooo disappointed. Nicely made, but it's a nicely made cot, not a hammock. I wouldn't say it's even remotely like the experience of laying in a hammock.

The constuction and what you get for the price is amazing. When folded up the size is pretty big and heavy but it seems like it will stand the test of time. The only drawback is the crappy little flat pillow they added to the product. They should have put a velco strap on it so it secures to the headrest area or just cost reduce it out of the product all together. Most people use their own pillows anyways. The color of the tubing was dead on. Great design guys!!





G

This portable hammock was purchased in lieu of some of the other much more expensive stationary hammocks. My wife loves it. The hammock is heavy (about 25 lbs) but is very durable and well made. Set up is a breeze. It comes out of the bag, expands in about 10 seconds and then the hammock is hooked over the four end posts all in less than a minute. Tear down is just as quick.



I originally intended this for around the house but we now take it with us when we go RV camping. We are the envy of many of the other campers!

I purchased this Hammock for 2 reasons one was for it's portability to use at home or camping,two was for it's storage profile.I got more than i bargained for, it is extremely portable and strong. It practically set up itself,and to break it down is quick and easy. I have 2 small kids and we do many outdoors activities(camping,fishing,picnics,etc.), so i wanted something more than a recliner or a cot. I wanted a recreational and a relaxing piece of furniture. This Hammock fits the bill.

Now don't get too excited it's called a Hammock but it does not have the full swing of a traditional Hammock. This is also why i bought this type, due to the unsafe nature of a traditional Hammock. Especially around small kids wanting to play on the hammock. How many times have people including myself have had mishaps attempting to either get on or get off a regular hammock. Yes they are fun until someone or someone's child gets hurt badly, we laugh at the small accidents but pay for the big one's. My wife and kids had a ball on it,the material is very durable and easy on the skin. It comes with a pillow, but you have to air it out to fluff it up(no big deal). You can leave it outside in the weather only if you have a good neighborhood, it might grow legs and vanish. It does have a little swing but it won't let you flip over.

I am 5'7" 200 lbs.,and my wife is 4'10" 100 lbs., we were on the hammock playing with the kids total weight 397 lbs. It handled us easily. I fell asleep comfortably while reading to my kids as they too passed out. The length is more than i needed and was wide enough for 2 adults of medium stature or 1 adult with 2 sons and a caps for sale bedtime story.

Ok now for the tech. stuff, it's a little heavy due to the material and the heavy duty frame/chains. Easy to clean any messes, folds easy and neatly into it's carry bag w/pillow. Safe for kids to be around.

I have recommended this hammock to all who want the easy and safe outdoor fun.

Received this with a great price. Very comfortable (deceptively so) - construction is extremely solid. It is true that "packing" this thing would require some effort, but it is very easy to move once it is open. My 8 year old son and I can move it very easily without scraping the bottom.



I'm not sure about some reviewers concern re instruction and the pillow. The chains easily loop over the solid ends after you pull it open - it took like 10 seconds to "assemble". The colors are great and should go well with just about any color scheme - the beams are a platinum color and the hammock portion is a dark color. Highly suggest you pick this up.

I also bought this hammock at a discount as a gold box deal. All folded up in it's bag, it was a little heavier and bigger than I had imagined, but it wasn't too bad. Assembly couldn't have been easier...just take it out of it's bag, unfold, and connect the hammock's chains. It was a little difficult to pull the hammock taught enough to attach the 2 remaining chains (after attaching the first side), but I imagine with additional use of the product, it will stretch and become easier. The hammock is very comfortable, however the pillow is almost useless. I suppose you can't make the pillow incredibly big and fluffy if it's meant to pack into the bag.



Disassembly was a breeze. Just unattach the 4 chains, roll up the hammock and stick it into the bag. Then fold the frame together, stick it into the bag, and off you go!







Just a quick update:

The issue I had with the hammock being difficult to assemble was a first-time-only issue. It's VERY easy to attach now, and incredibly sturdy. I brought my hammock to the beach last weekend and you could just see everyone eyeing it up. A couple of people even asked me where I got it! It's also very comfortable (especially if you lay a towel down first) and I couldn't be more happier with it! - Durable - Hammock - Camping Equipment - Patio Furniture'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Camping Equipment - hammock, camping equipment camping equipment Camping Equipment - hammock, camping equipment