Saturday 13 March 2010

Adult Coloring Books - sketching, colored pencils


These kits are fabulous -- they are excellent and inexpensive and great for kids age 2 and up (and certainly for adults as well).



1. The exterior is very sturdy, and even holds up to my younger daughter dragging it along the sidewalk. Easy to keep clean -- appears to be water-repellent.



2. It's easy to carry. Small enough to fit in a small backpack, but also has a carry-handle that you can keep tucked in, when the case is zipped, or hang out as a handle.



3. The elastic holding the colored pencils in place is very strong. Each of the six elastic sections holds 2 pencils very snugly, but not so snug to make removing pencils difficult at all. Very quickly, though, there are colored pencil marks inside the case from the pencils being removed/replaced, but really it's not a big deal - all on the inside.



4. We haven't yet used the pencil sharpener, but the eraser does indeed erase these pencil marks very well.



5. The pad of paper also fits snugly. Using both sides of the paper, though, doesn't work that well as the sheet lays across the upper ridge of the case, but we plan to turn the entire pad over after the front sides are used. I haven't yet sought out replacement paper, but I don't anticipate any problems.



6. The case has enough extra space to put in some of your own extra supplies -- pieces of scrap paper, sheets of stickers, etc.



7. The price is outstanding! I am pretty sure we paid around $15 for each kit, and now I see it's on sale here for $8.95! What a steal. The components are very high quality, and I still feel like for $15 I got a very good value.



Great gift for any age or gender. If you have NO idea what to get someone, this Keep N Carry set is a safe and creative choice. Royal & Langnickel Drawing Essentials Keep N' Carry Set

I bought this for the case, not for the pencils that come with it which are rather low quality. I have my own set drawing pencils (graphite) and just needed a simple case to keep them from banging around as they would do in a pencil box. This zippered case fits the bill at half the cost of most pencil cases. Elastics hold six sets of two pencils securely in place. Material quality is average, but construction seems solid. It should last for quite a while. My only complaint is that the case could be more compact; it is taller than necessary for the pencil in order to accommodate the eraser and pencil sharpener. You also have to have two pencils in each elastic holder to keep the pencils secure.



Pros:

- solid quality and construction

- inexpensive

- zippered enclosure

- durable



Cons:

- not as compact as it could be

- have to have two pencils in each slot

- don't expect much from included art materials

- not going to win any design or fashion awards

I got this as a Christmas gift and I love it, I've been sketching for over 35 years

and this is nice addition to my sketching material's. I would recommend this product to anyone who's interested in sketching the basic's.

I bought this for my 13-year-old daughter who recently began to draw. She loves the kit and has taken it with her on car rides and airplane trips. I honestly cannot compare the quality of the pencils to, say, the best out there (Prismacolor?) because I have not tried them. I would, however, highly recommend this all-inclusive kit for anyone of any age who has an interest in drawing. - Drawing - Sketch Books - Sketching - Colored Pencils'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adult Coloring Books - sketching, colored pencils drawing Adult Coloring Books - sketching, colored pencils