Friday 5 February 2010

Shedding Tools - shedding tools, razor blade


In order to cut the fur on the sensitive parts (ear, nose, face and paw) of our dog, I have been trying to find one of these ball-tipped scissors for ages. I have recently bought TINY TRIM and was already satisfied after receiving it from SCAREDY CUT/Amazon. I initially left a review of 4 out of 5 stars (which for me means VERY GOOD) with a comment that I didn't see the serration. I was surprised to receive a timely email feedback from SCAREDY CUT, which included a detailed description for me to see where the serration of the TINY TRIM is as well as option to replace or refund. I was not expecting the feedback because I did not leave a low rating. I very much appreciate the after sale service of SCAREDY CUT as this experience proved that the seller (1) knows their product well, (2) takes care of its customer even if they already received a high rating, and (3) a great seller brings the best out of the product it sells. Of course, I did not request for a replacement or refund as I was already very satisfied with the product and the seller. If I can only change the initial rating of 4 to 5 stars. TINY TRIM ball tipped small pet grooming scissor 4.5" EAR NOSE FACE PAW

I bought this sissor to trim the tear stained fur around my puppy's eyes. It is great. Small enough to maneuver easily. Sharp enough to do the job quickly. Safe enough not to endanger the puppy's eyes. Highly recommend this product.

Before I used the Tiny Trimmers on my poodle, Chip, I used them to cut my bangs. They worked better than my husbands hair trimming scissors. It is much easier cutting around Chips face with these. I am not so worried about poking him in the eyes with these. I recommended these to friends and family.

I think these scissors are FANTASTIC! I have a maltipoo and enjoy trimming her fur when she is chewing on her toys and not really paying attention hehe. I feel safe using them because they are nice and small but are super sharp so I can quickly get her fur. I highly recommend this product for small dogs!

This item has become indispensable in my grooming business to trim sensitive areas like feet and faces. They're quiet, so they don't scare pets as much, so pets don't move as much -- meaning less chance for injury. They're comfortable in the hands and the sharp blades means I don't have to fight with fur -- I get clean cuts every time. Obviously, the main attraction of the Tiny Trim is the rounded edge, I can't praise this innovation enough. Pointed scissors on the face are just too dangerous as one wrong move could easily injure an eye or nose. I've tossed all of my other face trimmers. Of course, great care is still required, but there is still a less chance to hurt a pet with these and groomers/owners should take advantage of it.

The scissors are supposed to be SERRATED so that the fur stays between the blades. This pair is serrated on the inner edge, much finer than the photo shows on Amazon. The fur pulls out of the blades in spite of the miniscule serration: both the fine fur neinside the ear, and the thick fur of the paws.

I am keeping the scissors anyway because of the blunt tip, and the covered thumb and finger holes. It is comfortable and strong. It cuts much more fur at one time than my cuticle scissors. The tip can't hurt the dog.

Another negative is that it makes a louder sound than my cuticle scissors when cutting. My dogs pull away quickly and won't let me use it but once. So I come back again and again. Oh well. I'll just continue trying and eventually they may get used to it. All scissors make noise, not just this one.

I can't use electric ear and paw trimmers on them either. Treats don't help.



update 8.3.10

The supplier, Scaredy Cut, sent another pair of scissors after having read the above review. He was concerned that the first pair was defective. That was really responsive.

He mentioned in a letter that the serrated edge makes the scissors noisier.

I am using the scissors to trim the belly fur of my Goldens. They get hot spots easily. By trimming the fur close to the skin, they scratch less. This pair of small scissors is better for this job than my regular scissors. Much sharper, and smaller. Neither dog pulls away. I can't use an electric trimmer because of the noise.

Trimming the fur from under the paws and between the "toes" is easy with this scissors.

As for ear fur trimming, I am trying to desensitize my Goldens by opening and closing the scissors near their ears, but without cutting anything.



I would increase the rate to 4 stars, but I can't find a way to do that!

I am so glad Amazon located these and started selling them again. I bought my first one direct from the company after buying their Scaredy Cut product and liking the quality of that so much. These are great little scissors. Sharp, quiet and a safe rounded tip. I am buying 2 more as backups. They do seem to get a grip on the fur so it cuts the fur straight. Other scissors seem to push the fur forward and when you do make a cut the fur cuts at an angle. These worked great on the fur between the toe pads and cut it straight on the first cut. The serrated part is very small to see, but it is there and it makes the difference. The screw is adjustable to tighten the tension but mine arrived in perfect working order so I haven't adjusted that at all.

The scissors are perfect. They are sharp but safe, easy to grip, and small enough to trim sensitive areas on my little Maltese. I've been using them more than I thought I would. They are quiet and don't upset my little guy at all.

I'm a 4th year veterinary student and I just adopted a white teacup poodle with bilateral radius/ulna fractures- aka both front legs broken. She had horrible tear stains when I first saw her, as well as crazy fraggle-rock facial hair. I wanted a pair of scissors that would cut well and were safe to use around her eyes. I LOVE these scissors. I used them on her face to clean her up, and they cut very well even at the tips. I then started using them to trim her toe hair. It worked so well, I'm using the scissors on my long-haired chihuahua too. I highly recommend these scissors for the occasional trim that is needed to keep our pups beautiful! ;0) I hope to get the Scaredy Cut Silent trimmer soon... I need a noiseless option for grooming my cat! - Shedding Tools - Razor Blade - Dog Grooming - Pet Grooming Tool'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shedding Tools - shedding tools, razor blade shedding tools Shedding Tools - shedding tools, razor blade