Monday 8 February 2010

Screwdriver Bits - screwdriver bits, torx


I almost bought this (again) for the Tri-wing bit. Then I realized I already owned it. When I tried to use it, the bits were too big. None of the tri-wing bits are small enough to use on the small screws in Nintendo, cellphones, etc.

For other uses, it has been a handy bit-set. 33 pc. Security Bit Set

I bought this set mostly for the tri-wing bits so I could use it with my Nintendo gear, but the tri-wing bits are tapered instead of flat, and so don't fit into Nintendo screws. I'm sure I'll find a use for the bits eventually...

I bought this to open a PS3 which has the security Torx screw. None of these fit. Based on my visual inspection, the quality of the bits are not very precise, so the sharp edges of the torx screw did not work with the dull edges of these bits. Also, the security hole didn't seem deep enough. Disgusted, I just broke out the drill and drilled out the one screw that holds the PS3 cover (out of warranty anyway, so I didn't care)



Useless to me, but the carrying case is kinda nice. Maybe it'll be useful opening some other kind of box for me some day, but for now, it'll just sit in the drawer. At least it was cheap.

These particular bits strip easy and you should expect to only get a couple of uses out of each. The bits rusted in less than a week. Also to be noted is that the bits are deformed, leaving some of the bits completely nonfunctional. I would spend the extra money and get a better made set.

I just received the product in the mail, and for the very first use, the bit collapses on itself. this is because many of the bits are hollowed out and are made with shoddy materials. warning to everyone. the price is good, but you'll end up wasting it when you have to buy new bits like me.

It's usable. For what you pay, it's reasonable, but not for often usage. The safety holes at the tip of the bits are not quite centered. Yes, I was surprised to have such imprecision in these days. Low quality metal too. However, for hobbyists like me who will use it once in a while, it's good enough, I guess. I am going to oil them before putting them away. Shipping was fast. Over all, it's REASONABLE. Happy shopping :p ....

Good Idea Poor execution

I make knives from scratch and from kits. I got this bit set because the knife kits use Torx and the spanner style screws. The kit does not have a small enough Torx, and the torx that I used stripped out and crumbled when I used it on the pivot stud screw. This is not a high torque screw. The spanner bit also broke. The larger bits seem to hold up better BUT for the work I am doing it was a waste. Maybe I got a poor set and it was a fluke, but I was definitely not happy with the quality. The package is nice if only the quality matched.

I bought this set because I thought it was a good value. I only needed the Torx T15 security bit to take apart my PS3. Well, the quality is so bad that the bit will not work. Buy a better set or a good quality since bit driver.



SAVE YOUR MONEY. - Bits - Tamper Proof Bits - Screwdriver Bits - Torx'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screwdriver Bits - screwdriver bits, torx screwdriver bits Screwdriver Bits - screwdriver bits, torx