Tuesday 19 January 2010

Multimaster - fein, flush cut


I was told by a tradesman friend that I really should have a Fein Multimaster for trim work. He pulled his out to let me demo it. I was impressed with it's various applications of use. The price scared me. I decided later to go for it and I bought the big kit with everything in it. I have to tell you that I have since purchased another for my crews. Everyone who uses one is hooked! DO NOT buy the cheap knock-off versions like Dremel or Rockwell (be there done that)they don't even come close to the speed or smooth cut that the Fein wiil do. Fein Multimaster FMM 250Q Basic Variable Speed Sanding and Scraping/Cutting Tool with Case

I was really impressed when I saw the TV promotions demonstating the versatility of the Feim Multimaster FMM 250Q. Furthermore, since this tool was made in Germany, I had very high expectations that it would be a high quality tool. I ordered my FMM 250Q TOP . . . along with a number of other accessories . . . approximately 2 years ago. I have used it on a good number of projects and have been very impressed with its capabilities. I would have given this tool a five star rating except for two reasons: (1) The fabric on the back of sanding sheets deteriorate very rapidly. Once this happens, the sanding sheet looses its alignment with sanding pad and it is possible to damage the hook-like mounting surface. Eventually, the sanding sheet doesn't stay on the mounting pad at all and has to be thrown away. I have tried a variety of speeds and pressures but I have not found a combination that expends the life of the fabric backing on the sanding sheet. What is frustrating is the sanding surface is still in excellent shape. In my opinion, Feim needs to go back to the drawing board to find a better, more lasting method to secure the sanding sheets to the sanding pad mounting surface. (2) The TV promotions indicated that this tool can the used to cut through nails with ease. However, I find that after cutting through 3 or 4 framing nails that the teeth on my cutting blades are really worn down . . . especially in the center. I have been useing the E-Cut BiMetal Universal Metal + Wood cutting blade. When taking the high cost of these blades into account, it is an extremely expensive way to cut through nails . . . it spite of what the TV promotion indicate!! I personally would have expected more from the Germans!! Well, so much for $399.00 tool.

This tool is the best most universal tool that I own. I really like the power it has to cut anything I've used it on so far. I bought the Dremel version and was very disappointed. The Fein Multimaster 250Q is the best tool by far and you get what you pay for. Yeah it costs alittle more than the competitors but it is by far and superior product.

We bought this for our son, who is remodeling a home, and tonight was the third time he called to thank us and tell us how wonderful this tool was, and that EVERY carpenter should own one; in fact, could not see how they could do without it. He loves his as he is tearing out old cabinets and installing new ones.

we have never gotten him a gift that he called us so often to thank us and tell us how wonderful it is. Doris J. Bogert - Fein - E-blade - Flush Cut - Corded Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Multimaster - fein, flush cut e-blade Multimaster - fein, flush cut