Tuesday 19 January 2010

Dry Erase Board - whiteboard, dry erase boards


Nice board! Arrived in perfect shape! Maybe the company had figured out how to ship them without damage, or maybe I just got lucky. Arrived in a box with about half an inch of space on either side. The corners are protected by triangles of cardboard, with thin strips of styrofoam on all sides. Universal Dry-Erase Board, Melamine, 48 x 36, WE, BLK/GY Aluminum/Plastic Frame

I am absolutely thrilled with this Universal dry-erase board. It has now been almost 2 months since mine arrived. I wanted to wait a while before reviewing to be as fair as possible. I was a little skeptical making this purchase due to the horror stories in the form of reviews. Finally I decided if it is broken or not what I was hoping for I would just return it. Because for the price there is nothing even close to comparable in size and quality. To my surprise it arrived fast (I believe 2 days) and there was no damage to the box or the product itself. Once I opened the box I was shocked at how minimal but efficient the padding inside was. I had read a few reviews that really got down on them for there packaging but I found it to be eco-responsible and enough to secure the product from damage. Within 10 minutes I had it hanging and ready for some mind mapping. It was that easy to hang in my home office. I use the board all day every day for school and personal brainstorming. I have not had any problems erasing, no ghost marks, I am really happy. I hope if you purchase this product you have the same awesome experience I have had. If not, well return it!

The lousy shipping was expected, I got the board with a little bit of a bend in the middle. It's not that noticeable when the white board is on the wall, but it is there, and it made putting the whiteboard up a little bit harder. Otherwise this is a great price for this size of a whiteboard and it wonderful, I love it.

Great whiteboard for the price, if you can get one that isn't damaged from shipping. Like some other reviewers have said, the packaging is subpar without only ~1/8th inch thick cardboard protecting it. Needless to say, the packaging is easily punctured along with the board. Instead I purchased one from boardguys, which has much better packaging.

I would not recommend this item. The board was packaged in only a very thin cardboard box - there was no interior cushioning or protection for the face of the board. It arrived with box looking intact - but with a few small tears / holes where the box had been pierced and the face of the board was gouged in multiple places. I'm sure better packing could have avoided this since the box didn't look mistreated.



At least Amazon was great about handling the return.

When I ordered this product I failed to read the other reviews before hand and was unaware of the bad ratings. Those ratings and reviews ended up being true to their word and worse. They shipped it on the first day I could have been able to expect my order to arrive at my door. It only got worse as they extended the expected delivery day from when it once was. Upon receiving my product, my board had a crack running down the board horizontally. Being owner of a different white board i took note that the material on this one was MADE OF CHEAP MATERIAL. Another setback on this board is that it is not magnetic. This board and COMPANY SHOULD BE AVOIDED at all cost. I immediately shipped it back for a return, a hassle you can save.

I was wary ordering this because so many other people were reporting packaging and damage during shipping problems.



Sadly I had the same issue.



The white board arrived - and immediately I noticed a puncture in the outer cardboard packaging. I carefully opened the box, removed the polystyrene packing - and there, in the corresponding location on the white board, was a large dent and scratch.



Working with Amazon now for a replacement.



The white board itself looks good - I'll update this review with details of the replacement.



Update:



A replacement white board was shipped with overnight shipping - and the packaging was punctured on delivery with a hole punched through the whiteboard.



I'd recommend that until this product packaging is improved that you AVOID THIS. - Whiteboard - Dryerase - Dry Erase Board - Dry Erase Boards'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dry Erase Board - whiteboard, dry erase boards dryerase Dry Erase Board - whiteboard, dry erase boards