Tuesday 5 January 2010

Headphones - waterproof, pool


I have the previous edition Surge and these. There are several improvements, one of which is that these have a nominal 8 ohm impedance, whereas the earlier ones were 16 ohms. If you don't know what that means, then it probably wouldn't matter to you anyway.



NO LEAKS folks! Many size cushions included... try the size that fits the tightest first.



Make sure you ears are squeaky clean before sticking these in. Common sense.



I have had zero, none, nada leaks in over 100 workouts with these.



Nifty thing to note, and this is true of other brands I have tried, they get get louder and have more bass reponse the deeper you go. Not that that matters for swimming laps, and you shouldn't go more than a few feet deep with any earphone, but it is a neat effect. H2O Audio IE2-BK Surge 2G Waterproof Earbuds - Black/Blue

After doing a little research on waterproof headphones I was very skeptical because of the varied results from users. However, as with anything, I decided to pick the item I thought to be the best and go with it to see for myself. The H2O Audio Surge 2 headphones worked as advertised and did not disappoint. It took me no longer to get setup than it did putting on my goggles. I wound the excess cord around my goggle band and clipped my waterproof iPod shuffle (another outstanding purchase!) to the band as well and off I went. The clarity was perfect for about 35 minutes when I got a little water in my left ear and the sound went out on that side, but the sound and clarity were still there in my right ear (which is the reason I gave only 4 stars). I did stop to clear the water from my left ear and the sound came back. I don't know if that is typical of all waterproof headphones, but I was happy just to hear music while I was submersed! It made my workout ten times more enjoyable than ever before and I found myself wanting to swim for another hour! My recommendation is to try out all the ear buds that come with the headphones to see which is the best fit. Typically, I wear a medium size earbud with headphones but decided to go with the small bud because it seemed to be a better fit and provided a better seal.

I had the original over-ear H20 headphones, and hated them - they slipped off my ears and I had to re-set them every few laps. I'm happy to report that these are super comfortable, fit nicely in-ear (I used the small size buds) without leakage, and even with a 45-minute swim, I never had to re-adjust. I would buy these again in a heartbeat. Oh yeah, and the sound was very nice: no ambient noise got in.

I received them and I have been using them daily. The sound is good and the different headphone pieces help secure a good comfortable water tite fit - it took about 3-4 swims to narrow in on which ear buds felt best - but if they don't stay in and dry the sound can be really limited. Water in the ear will make these less effective so it is important to find a good fit that doesn't come out easily while breathing. What disappointed me is that after 2 weeks it appears that the rubber shielding is cracking and splitting open and I fear it is only a matter of time before the shielding no longer protects the wire.

These headphones sound great. I bought them after the headphones that came with my underwater mp3 player shorted out. I have better sound quality and they stay in place better (put them in before getting wet and use opposite hand over head to pull up on ear). I just don't like that you have to tug on the cord to get them out of your ear. This makes it likely that they will short out at some point even though they seem decently reinforced at the point where the cord meets the headphone. On the other hand, if they stuck further out of your ear, they wouldn't stay in as well and you would hear more water sounds. I am very happy with this purchase but I'm not sure how long it will last.

I have been swimming 40 or 50 lengths for a while now and it can get very monotonous. Having my iPod selection playing is awesome. This product is great and has 5 different sizes of ear buds so you get a really good fit.

These headphones are great for running. Whether it's a short run or a three hour run they will stay in place. The cord will not tangle like some of the other headphones. They are water/sweat proof which is great especially during the hot summer runs. The extra earbuds will ensure the right fit for your ears.

Goods: Sound quality was great (swimming made spoken voice a little hard to hear), no issues with ear phone fit as some people suggest, the cord wasn't too stiff (as some people suggest), and the case was completely waterproof keeping my iphone nice and dry.



Others: I had an issue on my first use in the pool. I'm not sure what wasn't working right, but the music would skip forward without stopping when while I swam. No damage to anything, but the music was un-listenable.



THE REASON WHY I REALLY LIKE THIS COMPANY: The company replaced everything without question. Customer service like that is almost nonexistent these days.

Even though this product comes with 5 different sizes of ear plugs, they will not stay in my ears, so therefore the sound isn't so good when swimming. I'm still looking for another pair of waterproof earbuds.

I really love these headphones! I've been using them for about a month and a half, in the pool for about 40 mins at a time, every second day. They're holding up really well so far. The sound quality is much better than I expected based on reviews of most waterproof headphones.



Only complaint? If it comes out of your ear, even a bit, the sound is gone. And it's hopeless to put it back - I get out of the pool, dry it off, dry out my ear and try again. Sometimes works, sometimes not. I bought one of those neoprene headbands to keep them on more securely, and other than feeling like I look a little foolish, it seems to do the trick.



Would definitely recommend this product! - Earbuds - Swimming - Waterproof - Pool'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Headphones - waterproof, pool waterproof Headphones - waterproof, pool