Thursday 21 January 2010

Glass Container - blenders, pretty in pink


This is a high quality blender that is made to last. I have had many blenders over the past decade and this is by far the best. Whether it is smoothies, pancake batter, shakes etc....it does a great job. Highly recommended. Cuisinart SPB-7PK SmartPower 40-Ounce 7-Speed Electronic Blender, Pink

Bought this blender after the last one died. I didn't realize how wimpy the old one was until I got this one. My smoothies are no longer lumpy! Plastic lid, glass pitcher,plastic bottom ring. The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the the plastic fitting at the bottom. It's a large piece of rigid plastic that I'm afraid will crack or discolor. And, since the color is 1/2 the reason I chose this one, I would hate to see the pink fade.

I admit, I primarily got it because it was pink...however, the second reason I chose it, over the Kitchenaid Blender, was because it had a glass carafe that won't crack, discolor or dull. I suppose the glass carafe COULD crack, but I'd probably need to take a sledge hammer to it, LOL.



It also crushes ice like nobody's business, which was the final deciding factor. A couple other reviews mentioned issues with the button labels peeling off (under warranty, I'd have gotten an immediate replacement - could have missed QC), dripping into the blade housing (no clue how that could happen unless the user held a glass directly over the blade seat) and the motor burning out after "only" 2 years (no mention whether the use was extremely heavy, or not). Those really didn't concern me since there were only a few of those. The more predominant reviews were fairly glowing, and those I paid attention to.



Mine won't get daily ice crushing duties...only occasional...and I have no plans to try and crush seeds/nuts/cinnamon sticks (that's what my spice grinder and food processor are for), so that doesn't really concern me. The only thing that I would have wished for is a metal motor housing, instead of plastic. I'll just have to be a little extra careful with it. It's the sole reason I took off 1 star, but this is probably normal for modern, small appliances. Unfortunately, almost nothing is made to last, any longer. Planned obsolesence/replacement, so they can keep seling them, LOL.



I'm more than pleased with my choice.

Cuisinart usually makes pretty good quality stuff, and this blender is excellent. I bought it to make smoothies with, my last blender didn't crush ice (or frozen fruit) very well and ended up leaking out of the bottom within a few uses (must have been a faulty seal or something).....so I wanted a better blender and didn't mind paying a little extra. I got the pink one because it was way cheaper than the white or chrome one that day (must have been a sale!) and it goes in the cabinet when not in use so I don't care what color it is.



Makes excellent smoothies, very fast, and very easy to clean. It is a bit louder than my previous blenders, but works so much better! A great buy!

I have had this blender for close to a decade. My old one just died on me, so I bought a new cuisine art blender, the SPB-10Ch. It sucks. The shakes I make come out icy and the spout it worthless on it. I have to turn it on the side just for the shake to pour out properly. I like this one so much better. It lasts long the shakes come out as smooth as ice cream and it is pink!

I use this blender nearly everyday to make protein shakes and smoothies. It handles ice chunks, fresh and frozen fruit, and blends everything I throw at it. I purchased mine Christmas 2010 and noticed that Cuisinart has changed to steel blades vs. the plastic blades that earlier consumers had negative comments about. I like that it is thick glass, not plastic. The plastic base below the glass unscrews for easy cleaning. I purchased the pink because it was cheaper and I store it in my cupboard anyway.

I got this as a wedding present and boy do I owe my guest! I LOVE this sturdy blender. I made margaritas with a lot of ice and it made the perfect batch. The blades are nice and thick and the blade turner on the actual dock is nice and thick/sturdy too. It's totally built to last, and it's so cute in pink! It pours very well and it holds a lot of whatever you want to put into it. It's not a quiet appliance... but duh! it's a blender. It's great!

For this money I didn't expect the glue under the button names to peel up within a week. and I certainly didn't expect the base to cause messy leaks despite repeatedly replacing the gaskets. And now, after less than two years the motor has burned out! Shame on you Cuisinart! - Blender - Pink Kitchen - Blenders - Pretty In Pink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Glass Container - blenders, pretty in pink pink kitchen Glass Container - blenders, pretty in pink