Thursday 21 January 2010

Dive Watches - tag heuer, tag


I have contemplated purchasing a high end watch such as a Tag Heuer for several years. I was just hesitant to spend the money. I own several other watches from manufacturers such as Pulsar, Fossil and Swatch. So, for my birthday this year, I decided to splurge. This watch is notably more well designed and built than any other watch I own. When picked up, the first thing you notice is the weight of it. The stainless steel and titanium promise durability and it's sapphire crystal face is impervious to scratches. Like other reviewers, I noticed the accuracy of the chronograph and the precision in the construction of the bezel, dial and buttons. All in all, it is a beautiful, sporty and classy watch.



Update - 3/24/10

Woke up in the morning to find watch had stopped during the night. Seemed to work again after resetting the correct time. But, the large second hand used for the chronograph function was not aligned any more with the default 12 o'clock position. I contacted Amazon's customer service about this and was advised to send to their authorized service center (Swinford Jewelers in KY). I shipped it out on my own dime and am supposed to receive back in 4-6 weeks. I am hoping it was simply a case of a low battery and not a quality problem. I will further update this review after I get the watch back.



4/12/10

Received repaired watch back today. It seems to be in good working order. I have no idea what the repair was. I had asked the jewelers to email me with what was wrong but didn't get anything from them. I am guessing that they replaced the battery and reset the chronograph. At least it took much shorter than the estimated 4-6 weeks.



Update

Less than two weeks after this last entry, this watch stopped working again (stopped dead sometime overnight). Once again, it started working again after resetting the time. The response from warranty service was to send it back to Swinford AGAIN. This raised a red flag as far as I am concerned and I believe the watch that I received was a "lemon". This shouldn't happen with a $700.00 watch (breaking down twice in the first two months of ownership). I contacted Amazon Customer Service and stated I wanted to send it back for a refund and they obliged me. I sent it back and had my credit card reimbursed the full refund. TAG Heuer Men's CAH1110.BT0714 Formula 1 Chronograph Quartz Watch

The watch was just what I wanted. I reseached many sites and felt Amazon presented the best value and would, and did, support the customer in the event of a problem. I own another TAG watch and wanted to add to my collection. As I was adjusting time and date I was not able to adjust the date function. I had absolutely no technical issues with my other TAG which is 10 yrs old. I was disappointed to have to return a TAG watch for a technical issue. Of course this would never have happened with a jewerler and it's just the risk one has when ordering on-line for significant less money. The return process was relatively painless but lengthy. Amazon only issues credit versus just swapping out for another identical watch. I had to get a refund then repurchase the same model.

If you're going to invest in a great watch like a Tag, spend a little more and get much more for your money.... I purchased this watch but, exchanged it for an Aquaracer which I feel is a much more attractive watch...

I just purchased this tag heuer formula 1 chronograph quartz watch, black face w/ rubber band. So far I love it! Get compliments wherever I go, and it feels very comfortable on my wrist. It really is the perfect size at 41mm, not to big, but yet not too small. A great starter Tag, for only $7h. Highly recommend!

How do I start?, Well, I must say I love watches, I'm not a rich person but I have a collection of some watches like Swatch, Seiko, Stuhrling (some of them bought from Amazon); so I decided to buy a luxury watch this time, I mean a really "luxury" watch. I was thinking in a Rolex, maybe a used one, but then I went to a jewerly and watched all the watches: Rolex, Omega, Tissot, Cartier and so. They were all very good looking watches but for some reason they were old very classic looking (made for an older person like my dad as I'm only 23), often looking gold or silver. Then I went to the Tag Heuer section, without knowing too much about the brand, and like a thunder from the sky I immediately fell in love with all those watches, they were so fashion, inspired in beautiful cars, the colors, the form, beautiful, there's no comparision with the picture you see in Amazon and having the real watch in your hand like I did in that jewerly. Also I watched an add in that jewerly where president Obama also uses this watches. After falling in love with this watch and realizing that one of my favorite persons (Obama) also likes this watches I decided to buy this watch, had a lot of problems with my dad to get the money (borrow some from mom, asked for my birthday gift earlier than expected :)

but finally he agreed and I bought it from Amazon. I bought the model with the rubber black strap because I'm so bored with the omnipresent common silver strap/band. Also the strap goes perfect with the black dial and bezel color! They're made for each other.

After some days of impatience I received the watch, packed in a huge box (it is a very expensive delicate piece), opened the Amazon box and after digging in the protecting bubbles I found a beautiful box, with the Tag Heuer logo printed above, every border of the box is sewed, every detail of the box is just perfect, this guys payed so much attention even to small details. I opened the box and found a leather case for the instructions guide (man, a wonderful leather case just for the instructions manual!), the instruction manual is perfectly written in many languages (my other watch has a manual but the other languages are just "computer translations"), well, this is not the case, I speak english, spanish and some german and I checked the spanish translation and is greatly done. This guys didn't miss a single detail. A single ortographic mistake in the manuals, Wow!

After opening the smaller box there is the watch: beautiful, it has a wonderful unidirectional bezel that moves very softly but accurately and makes a clicking sound when you move it, the case is also wonderful with Tag Heuer printed on one side, but the dial gets the first prize, so wonderfully planned, even the date is placed lower so you can see it when it's 3 o'clock. I have delicately unscrewed the crown and it's so smooth, unbelievable, you move the crown counter-clockwise and the date changes very-very slowly unlike any of my other watches. The same with the hour, it moves so slowly, so fine...

The chrono is perfect, I mean "perfect", when the 1/10 second marker stops at half second 1/10, the red second hand stops just in the middle of one second and the next one. Wow, that's precission, I've never seen this details in other watches.

Forget to mention that the crown is also beautifully designed with the Tag logo, and that the chrono buttons make a smooth pleasant click sound when you press them...

Overall guys, this watch looks beautiful in my wrist, I LOVE the black color (it combines perfectly with my black car, my black iPhone hehehe), the strap is beautiful with a big TAG HEUER logo printed so everyone can see you have ONE.

I really recommend this watch, in a regular jewerly it costs more than 1,200 $ so Amazon's price is really a bargain for such a beauty! - Tag Heuer - Tag - Automatic - Tag Hauer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dive Watches - tag heuer, tag tag heuer Dive Watches - tag heuer, tag