Saturday 9 January 2010

Cell Phone Case - cell phone, grey


It's pretty lame to nitpick something like a phone case but I was genuinely underwhelmed by this one.



First off, on a black phone (which is pretty much all the Optimus...es, I believe), it does not look like the picture. Not even close. There's a very, VERY subtle argyle design, which is pretty cool I suppose, I was just expecting something with a little more contrast like the picture. In indoor lighting, you can barely see it, and outdoors it's not much better.



Secondly, I wouldn't really describe the color as 'smoke' unless you're burning a garbage bag full of dirty socks and wet leaves. It's very brown-grey...again, not like the photo. The BF looked at it and went 'haaaahaa, you have a poo-phone' and I made a face at him. Seriously, I was expecting some epic badassery in a cell phone case, not brown...barely-there...icky stuff.



Third, HOLY GIANT FLASH BATMAN. I had to sit down with a razorblade and an hour to kill because the flash (mold overspill/seams/ew) was so epic and pointy that it hurt my wimpy little girl-hands. Not cool. And there's definitely some deformities where the plastic was injected into the mold, by the charge port.



And it does make the external buttons a little hard to press (especially the top screen lock/power button) and the charge port harder to get plugged in to.



But it's a freakin' phone case. It was cheap, it shipped fast, I like the texture of the plastic, it was easy to get on, and despite the brown tint, subtle design/etching, and painful flash/seam lines it's a pretty decent little unit. It's protecting the phone, which is what it was designed to do, so I can't fault it for that.



I just thought it was going to be more awesome than it actually was, but I think the awesome is probably proportional to what you pay. Unless we're talking about Monster Cables, in which case you're just getting screwed. Smoke Argyle Candy Skin Case for LG Optimus S (Sprint), Optimus U (U.S. Cellular), Optimus V (Virgin Mobile)

So I bought this on a whim and kind of as a joke. I mean argyle is awesome, but also funny. Anyway, This case fits perfectly over my phone and I'm sure it provides some added protection to being dropped, it is rubbery after all. Most importantly, it is not sticky or overly tacky. Well, not in the sense that it won't slide into your pocket easily. I've have silicone cases that were great, if you could just get them out of your pocket without pulling your pocket inside out. Strongly suggest you get one similar, but not the smoke argyle...that one is mine.

Got this case and I really do like it. It is a nice snug fit, but easy to take off to clean the dust out. The ONLY problem that I see with it is the bottom of the cover near the charger port. When you plug in the charger, it seems like the cover doesn't allow the plug to fully go in the phone, so if you bump it, it can unplug the charger from the phone. Otherwise, it is a nice case!

I love this case! It looks great, and doesn't get in the way of the screen like some covers that wrap way up around the sides. I was worried the rubber case might make it kinda sticky to get in and out of my leather holster, but not at all. It feels great, looks great! I love it.

This case was not what I expected and certainly did not look like the picture. It is translucent and not solid colored like in the photo. It is really hard to see the design at all when I placed it on my black phone.



Not happy with this choice.

The case looks and feels nice but it has some issues. The main problems are that it makes it difficult to press the power/lock button and you can't connect the usb cable with the case on.



Also, the Optimus V volume control buttons don't quite line up with the molded volume buttons on the case. It's mostly just an aesthetic problem since you can still change the volume with the case on.

The case does what it's supposed to do- provide extra protection for my phone. It is easy to apply onto the phone. My one complaint is that the micro-USB port is slightly blocked by the case, but it isn't a big deal. - Cell Phone Case - Grey - Argyle - Cell Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cell Phone Case - cell phone, grey cell phone Cell Phone Case - cell phone, grey