Monday 14 December 2009

Perry Ellis - wool, peacoat


I have two of these pea coats from Alpha. I'm 5'11", 190 lbs with a 42" chest. Given those measurement and going by the sizing chart you'd order a size L (Large). The Large I received was too tight for me so I gave that one to my son. He usually wears a Medium. It fits him well and he loves it. The XL fits me perfectly except for the arm length which I've shortened by about 2 inches (FYI I usually wear shirts with a sleeve length of 34). Overall the coat seems to be well crafted using high quality material and workmanship. Bottom line, order a size larger than you normally wear. Why 4 stars instead of 5? Because I feel Alpha should change its sizing to be mor inline with traditional specs. Usn Pea Coat Rev (Black/2XL)

Good quality pea coat, only thing I had to do was to re-stitch the buttons, they had become loose after about two weeks of wear. Not a big problem, just a bit of a nuisance. After fixing buttons no problems what so ever. Jacket kept me warm through the cold spells this past winter. Overall, a good quality jacket.

This coat was a pleasant surprise as I have yet to find a coat to fit my odd frame of 5'5" and 200 lbs.(164.6 cm and about 91kg for the rest of the world.) For the most part it manages to fit me quite well, aside from the sleeves,which are about 2-3 inches too long,but this is due to my arm length being atypical rather than the coat itself. I anticipated this would be the case and will have it altered soon. I do recommend the coat to others and find the other reviews to be mostly accurate. You will need to buy a size up from 'typical' sizes and if you have shorter arms,do expect to have the sleeves taken up a bit.

The peacoat did not fit my son and was returned. The quality of the coat was excellent.



I am still attempting to see if I received credit for return of the peacoat. Actually, the service receiving the peacoat was excellent. I am not sure if the return was completed satisfactory. - Peacoat - Wool - Perry Ellis'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Perry Ellis - wool, peacoat wool Perry Ellis - wool, peacoat