Monday 14 December 2009

Converter - converter, pc


The converter worked, but not as intended. First, it supported resolution only up to 800x600 (did not support 1024x768 as claimed). Second, the TV image was shaking occasionally (once per 1-2 minutes). While 800x600 resolution was fine for watching movies, the shaking was not acceptable. As a result, I had to return the converter. Unfortunately, Sewell claimed the converter was OK and did not return the shipping and handling costs to me. I have a Fujitsu Lifebook notebook with an Intel video card (in case this information helps). Buy a more expensive converter with a power adapter (as opposed to power coming from a USB port). This is because a good effective video processing takes considerable power, which a USB port might not be able to provide. Sewell PC to TV (VGA to RCA) Converter

I needed a device that would allow our church to occasionally record the output of a computer rather than the camera feed that is normally recorded. The computer output is set to 1024 x 768 to match the projectors, so I needed a device that could at least handle that resolution. I also didn't want to spend too much money because this would only be needed occasionally and we don't require studio quality recordings. This device was easy to hook up and the output is very acceptable for an item at this price point. The unit has menu buttons that allow you to adjust the output of the device if needed and that works quite well.



Overall, I'm very happy with the way this item works, especially considering the price I paid. If you are considering this item, just remember to make sure the specifications indicate that it is capable of doing what you need it to do.

I use this to display karaoke words on HD screens (from a laptop to the TV). This product is very easy to use and requires no significant tech savvy, as long as you know the difference between an RCA (most TVs have one) and a VGA (computer monitor) plug. In my opinion, this is the best one you can buy because it's cheap, and for karaoke it cuts down on overhead. Also, works great for turning any TV into a second monitor for either a desktop or laptop. Everything you need is included (i.e. VGA cable, RCA cable, USB power cable, S-Video cable, and the converter itself). NOT OPTIMAL FOR RUNNING MOVIES FROM PC OR LAPTOP TO YOUR HDTV!! For that use a VGA to HDMI converter!!

I purchased this device to interconnect my MacBook Pro to a TV, previously I just borrowed my mom's Apple TV converter "My old ibook g3" but since Apple no longer is going to make those I had to find a alternative.

I am very happy with this device overall.



however there is one thing to note, other than the fact that down converting VGA resolution of 1024x768 down to 640x480 for a TV that is interlaced or to a flat-panel LCD or similar viewing medium. The quality is only as good as 640x480 interlaced.



I would classify this device is an entry-level medium quality converter.

Picture quality is almost equal to the Apple one however!

There is some lag but it's not too horrible, it's there i noticed it on my tube TV and a portable 5 inch LCD.

I move my mouse cursor up and down and it didn't move up and down as quickly as it did on my computer screen. this is due to the lag that it takes to process the video signal through this device, I have used other devices and I did not notice this problem before.



that being said this will work great with still photos, basic PowerPoint presentations "nothing moving real fast", and movies that don't have a lot of action in them. get the point no sports or fast action.



Other than the mouse cursor I didn't notice the lag very much while I was streaming Netflix movies, that is until the scenes started to move quickly.

but it Wasn't as bad as Netflix rebuffering.



now that that's out of the way I did buy another one of these for my church.

the primary use will be to display the PowerPoint "keynote" on a closed-circuit television network amongst four TVs.

We will have the occasional video clip however I don't see the lag being a very big problem right now.



and if you're wondering what my setup is at church.

the VGA out of four computers "Mac, Dell, my Mac, guest" gos into a basic four-port video switch "from cables to go Product #28750" into this device and that goes out to the projector via VGA.

and the composite of this device goes to a four-port video switch and selects between camera and computer which then goes to a VCR to output on channel 3.

I am a part-time DJ and VJ (Video Jockey) and had a problem when I switched to a new computer. It did not have a s video or RCA to plug in my video mixer, which I often like to use. I got this product today, and I tried it out and it worked like a charm. The claims of it not being as clear as VGA is somewhat true, but I tested with the music videos and it looked good and maybe a slight loss in quality, but not much. If you need this product for a specific reason like me, then this works. Text in smaller fonts are little blurry when I intitially was hooking it up, but the print under the videos looked fine because they were bigger.

Only got snowy shadows on TV when hook up. Read instructions carefully again and found the statement saying that (paraphrasing here!) I would need a 5(?) volt AC adopter to make it work. Do not expect to spend more $ to get it work - so still can't tell if it works at all with the "required" AC adopter.

My motivation for buying this product was to obtain quality transfer of video from my computer to my TV (with a small 14" display) at an affordable price. Amazon.com has a great selection of low price PC to TV converters. The Sewell PC to TV (VGA to RCA) Converter stuck out in particular due to its high customer rating.



I've been able to get quite good quality transfer of video with this product, especially for the price. My only disappointment is that this product does not preserve old settings when you power off/power on. For example, there are 8 display settings that the user has control over: horizontal size, vertical size, brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, flicker, and sharpness. In my case, the original image on my TV screen is acceptable... but does not quite match the display on my computer. I can adjust these settings to make the image substantially better, but if I power the unit off at any time... the next time I power the unit back on I am go back to the original mediocre image. For $25, though, keep in mind I am not complaining... just explaining!



One other thing to point out, TEXT does not display very clearly. However, images are still nice as described above. (And this is likely general to ALL PC to TV Converters)



On a final note, I HIGHLY recommend taking the time to read the information available for this product at Sewell Direct's website. Sewell Direct has an EXCELLENT explanation of this product, explanation of installation, and even images detailing the quality of the video transfer - all on their website. Absolutely one of the most helpful pieces of information that I found during my search.



Bottom line: Good quality at a GREAT price. - Pc To Tv - Pc - Converter - Tv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Converter - converter, pc converter Converter - converter, pc