Tuesday 1 December 2009

Learning Resources - finance, educational


I use this game in the classroom as a math support teacher and at home with my kids. All of the kids love it and it moves at a good pace. I appreciate how the game doesn't just let the kids always decide what combination of coins they'll use to represent a certain value. When they spin the spinner, it will sometimes land on no dimes or no nickels, and so on. So they need to figure out how to make a certain amount without those coins. Learning Resources Money Bags A Coin Value Game

We got this game when my daughter was in first grade. She was having some trouble with her homework because the worksheets made it difficult for her to tell the difference between some of the coins. She was getting frustrated and kept saying, "I don't get it."



This game helped her get more comfortable with money, the value of money, and counting money.

Many educational games aren't nearly as fun as traditional board games. Not this one. This plays as well as any traditional board game. It's easy to follow (even my five-year-old played). It also plays quickly, which is great for the young players with shorter attention spans. I plan on purchasing more of this brand.

I bought this game for my son, Zachary (7), when he was in kindergarten because he was having trouble telling the difference between nickels and quarters. Zachary, his sister Kaitlyn (8) and I still play it. One thing that I love about the game is that the rules are simple enough for the children to play together. But the biggest plus is that they are counting coins and quickly learn how to make change. My children LOVE when they land on the Banking space and are given the option of trading their coins in (ie. 2 dimes and a nickel for a quarter). Whomever has the most money at the end of the game wins (and it usually isn't me! ha ha ha). I'm actually here on Amazon today to buy another copy of the game for my niece and nephew. It's a terrific and fun way to learn about money. It always amazes me how many adults can't make change... it's important to me as a parent that my children can.

I recently purchased this because my 6 year old had no concept of money. He did not know how to count money at all although we would let him pay for his own items at the store. Whenever we would let him pay for his own items at the store, he would simply throw a handful of money at the cashier and hope that it was enough. Well, after the first time playing this game, he was able to count using dimes, nickels, and pennies. He can not count with the quarters yet but I figure that it is just a matter of time.



The thing that I really enjoyed about the game is that he wanted to play again and again and did not realize that he was actually learning. He loved making money. At the end of the game, I ask him to convert as much of his change that he can into dollars. This helps him to realize that the coins translate into dollars.



I love the coin pieces as well. The plastic pieces are about as close as you can come to the real thing. My son was able to identify the real coins (which he really struggled with before) after playing the game and working with the plastic coins.



I highly recommend this game as a learning tool for youngsters who struggle with the concept of coins.

My 6 year old son loves everything to do with money. So when I saw this game I had to get it for him. He loves it. We play it every night and he is learning how to count money and make change. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves to play games

I play this with my 6yr old and my 4yr old. They love it. It is awesome how it teaches counting money, it is always a different game. There is no way for them to just do the same thing they did last time in order to win. Once they move to the correct spot and have a certain amount of money they have to give or recieve, the spinners tells them which coins they can use to get to the specified amount. So it really requires a little thinking and the children are always amused by the different ways they can come up with an amount of money. Example: get to 52 cents with out using quarters. So with the coins left in thier hand they figure out how to count 52 cents. There is a little more to it than what I have explained and it even gets a little more fun and creative. Great game.

I will start with the negative and end on a positive note. On the negative side:



In my opinion, this game is too simple to be fun for an adult. Yes it is a children's game, but adults end up playing too. All you do is roll the die and take the amount of money for the space on which you landed. One educational addition is that you have to spin a spinner and you may have to determine the coins to take without using dimes or nickles etc. It would be more fun if you could buy something with your money, and that could even involve making change which would also make the game more educational.



My children do not like it when the spinner lands on the moneybags symbol and they don't get their money for that turn. We sometimes just ignore that rule. Of course they need to be able to lose well, but there are not many turns in the game, so often enough, once you've given up your money for even one turn, you have lost the game. They don't like to feel like they've already lost within the first couple of turns but have to continue playing.



On the positive side, my older children (ages 5 and 7) in general enjoy playing this game and do use and improve money counting skills while playing.

I bought this game for my very attention hungry niece for her 6th birthday. She loves it, most board games make her pouty or intentionally annoying because they are either too hard for her or too boring for the adults playing with her. This game managed to distract her from needing to win. While she'll had trouble remembering how much each coin is worth, after only a couple of games, she could identify each coin and its value. Even though the game is rated for ages 7-9, I'd recommend it to anyone with children as young as 5. - Educational - Finance - Learning Resources - Math Games'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Learning Resources - finance, educational educational Learning Resources - finance, educational