Sunday 6 December 2009

Introductory Guides - powerpoint, outlook


This book is an instruction/reference manual that brings you up to date with current Windows technology. The full expanse of uses is covered, but one can focus on one's particular areas of interest,without covering the rest. Like others in the 'Dumies' series, it is user friendly. I like it. Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies

I had my company buy a copy of this book for everyone in my department because I got tired of others always borrowing my copy. This book is well written, easy to understand, and comprehensive. The author has a pretty good sense of humor, too. I appreciate how finding information usually takes only a moment or two, and how you can sometimes learn what you need to know just by glancing at the screen shots. I do not use Access, but I find the coverage of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Onenote more than satisfactory. Highly recomended!

This is a good book for people who are already familiar with Microsoft Office. There are a few things that are very different like OneNote which is explained thoroughly in the book. Also a good review book for people that haven't been using all the Microsoft applications for awhile. I used to use all the applicatons on a daily basis, but since I switched careers I use my computer at home and know there's a way to do something faster, just can't remember how! This is a great reference.

My office recently upgraded to Office 2010 and I thought if I purchased this book, I would be able to speed up the process of learning the latest version. This book actually slowed me down, I could not find one answer to any of my questions. For example, I needed to figure out how to leave an out-of-office message. I started with the Index in the back of the book and looked under Outlook. I couldn't find anything there so I searched Book III - nothing showed up in the first 51 pages, the contents didn't lend a clue. After 10 minutes of browsing, I gave up and emailed a co-worker to get the answer. I have found this book to be a waste of time and money.

I considered myself an Office guru (I use the software everyday), but even I found many helpful tips and tricks to increase my office efficiency. For Dummies books are a wonderful reference and this one did not disappoint. It is a little light in the OneNote area for my taste, but it draws the reader/student step-by-step through using each of the Office programs -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and even Access. So simple to read, follow, and understand, and well worth the price.

The writer's style is obtuse -- at least to me. This book was of little help to me for the new Windows operating system. I have been using Windows 2010 for six months now and one would think I would use the book as a reference book. i find it easier to go on line and find the answers to my questions than to use the book. It does make a good door stop though.

I have used this to look up just a couple of things like saving documents, making letterhead and found them to be extremely basic, not covering what I was needing for my business. I ending up going to Google and found the answers. Disappointed. - Office 2010 - Powerpoint - Introductory Guides - Outlook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Introductory Guides - powerpoint, outlook powerpoint Introductory Guides - powerpoint, outlook