Sunday 13 December 2009

For Do-it-yourselfe - tile, wet tile saw


I ordered these based upon the recommendation of my tile supplier for a 2000 SF porcelain tile project (they didn't have my size in stock). Now I can't see using any other blade for porcelain at this point. They lasted a whole lot longer than I expected them to at this price point.



Just one thing to be aware of; for the first 30-40LF or so this blade is VERY aggressive cutting until the rim settles in, try to avoid any critical edge cuts at first. After it settles in it strikes a great balance between longevity, cut speed and cut quality. MK Diamond 158434 MK225 Hot Dog Premium Thin Rim Blade

I've cut alot of tile in my life. Once I purchased this blade my cuts are more accurate, faster cutting and this blade really lasts. I've cut everything with this blade without any hesitation, including granite and travertine.

Nice blade, maybe a bit overkill for a DIY on a small job. Worth it if you've got > 500sqft to do. I used it for 500sqft of Porcelain tile and another 250sqft of travertine. The porcelain as expected it cut through like butter, but it did just as good of job on the travertine w/ no chipping.



It was installed in a Husky 7" Wet saw w/ stand (THD-950)

I'm glad I ordered this blade at the same time I received my MK-170 from MK Diamond. My entire bath remodel is in porcelain, and this blade cut almost like butter. My only disappointments are the price (high) and where made (Korea). I bought it from MK Diamond thinking that it was made by their firm in Calif. It was shipped out of a vendor warehouse in Illinois. It doesn't have an arrow indicating how it should be installed. If you put it on your saw with the print facing you as it's installed, you should be okay. The company is a little thin on any instructions or information about the blade. Overall, a good blade, though a tad on the expensive side.

The price through Amazon was reasonable for the performance of this blade. Worked as advertised. Cut Travertine and ceramic like going through butter, with no chipped edges. I have used pricier blades that worked as well, but why spend extra when you don't have to? Can't speak of longevity yet ... only did one room with it.



UPDATE: Have cut through a ton of tile with this thing. Blade life is at least as good as pricier blades. Good blade - good price. - Tile Saw - Tile - Wet Tile Saw - Mk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


For Do-it-yourselfe - tile, wet tile saw tile For Do-it-yourselfe - tile, wet tile saw