Thursday 31 December 2009

Chamberlain - garage door remote controls, garage door openers


Being down to our last remote for our old garage opener, I was beginning to wonder how to get another remote. I got this just for fun, I didn't think it would work, but it was inexpensive enough to try out.



After reading the instructions, I was now absolutely positive it would not work. You have set dip switches (open your current remote and set it to the same dip switch pattern), and press the remote button a certain number of times (in my case 17 times). So here I am, pressing the button 17 times, thinking how stupid this is, but on the 17th press, amazingly the door opened. Of course, after you do this, you only have the press the button once to get it to work, but there seems to be a delay as it runs through your programming again.



Here is the instructions from LiftMaster:

http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerweb/pdfdocs/114A3492.pdf Liftmaster 375LM Remote Clicker Universal Remote Garage Door Opener Transmitter

This is a universal 2 - button remote that works on 390Mhz and 315Mhz rolling code freq or the older DIP switch settings technolgy. Very easy to set up. I have two garage doors one with a Genie opener system and one with a Chamberlain system; works well with both types.

We have old Stanley door openers. Stanley is pretty lame that it no longer sells or supports them, so I was looking for a universal remote that could handle 2 doors for our second vehicle. It was a bit involved to program the 10 rocker dip switch, but the following the instructions to the letter worked perfectly. The hardest part was climbing up on a ladder to see the dip switch settings on the openers. The range is good, but not great -- definitely usable. I'm buying a second one for the other car to replace the original bulky one-door opener that came with the Stanley installation.



Pros:

Opens 2 doors

Truly universal, handles many manufacturers

Small size



Cons (minor):

Involved programming for dip-switch systems

Range



Thumbs up.

This worked very well with my old craftsman garage door system. Programmed in seconds...works like a charm. I would recommend this for anyone looking for an additional garage door opener for Craftsman systems

I bought 3 of these for our 3 vehicles. They arrived in good time. They were ready to go. I just had to press the learn button on my garage door opener and they worked as they were advertised. The whole process took about 5 minutes for 3 remotes. The hardest part was climbing the ladder. I am very happy with the fact I now can open two different types of garage door opener ( liftmaster and genie ) with one remote. I live in a brand new house. I don't see why the original installation didn't come with these in the first place. Too easy.

Actually identical to the clicker version (http://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-KLIK1U-Clicker-Transmitter-Universal/dp/B0013Q0S4S/ref=pd_sim_misc_3), but seems to have slightly better range to me than the clicker version. They program the same, are both easy as pie, and seem to work wonderfully. I couldn't be happier with this unit (although I've only had it a few days).



I used it for two garage openers, one with a dip switch and the other a Genie Intellicode. Works fantastic.

Bought this garage opener because i needed a two-button one, and didnt want to spend a bunch of money. Well you get what you pay for... It was easy to setup using the AutoLearn button on my garage door, but the RF Frequency or whatever it uses is terrible. I have to literally open my car window for the door to open from 30 feet away... My old one used to work from the end of the driveway with the window closed. But it beats opening the garage door manually.

This item is compact and comes with a battery already installed. It worked fine with

the older Sears Craftsman and the Sutherland garage door openers here. BUT, the switches

that you use to enter the code for your garage door opener have only two positions per

digit of the code: plus and minus. Many manual garage door openers have THREE positions

per digit: plus, minus, and zero. The instructions for this unit say that the receiver

(that is, the garage door opener itself) must have its code set to eliminate zeros.

Indeed, I did have to change the codes to convert them from pluses, minuses, and zeros

to just pluses and minuses. Then, the units worked fine. Note that the LiftMaster 62LM, eg

Liftmaster 62LM 2 button sears craftsman compatible 9 dip switch, also

has two buttons. It has two manual code-entry switches, and both of them provide 3 values per

code digit. It is available from Amazon for roughly the same price and is only slightly larger.

When we bought our house, it was an "as-is" deal and when the house was cleared out when the former owner ended up permanently hospitalized, whoever cleared it out took everything, including the remotes for the garage doors. I was looking for something that could control each of my doors separately and wasn't very expensive (after all, we'd just bought a house, so money was a little tight). So, we bought 2 of these units for our cars. Pairing them with our LiftMaster openers was simple and took a total of about 10 minutes. The only things that I'd say against these units is that they're a little cheaply made (but, then again they are inexpensive) and their range is not great - you basically have to be right in front of the door for them to work reliably. Sometimes they work from the end of our 25ft drive, but you can't count on it.



But overall, they're not expensive, they work, and they're easy to program, so I'm happy with them. - Garage Door Remote Controls - Garage Door Openers - Garage Door Remote - Chamberlain'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Chamberlain - garage door remote controls, garage door openers chamberlain Chamberlain - garage door remote controls, garage door openers