Thursday 31 December 2009

993 Running Shoe - running, 993 running shoe


I recently purchased my 1123's to help me start exercising again. 10 months ago i had a gastric sleeve gastronomy and have lost 100Lb to date. Currently i am still 100Lb from my target weight, so yes i am a BIG MAN. At first i tried to start walking with my normal shoes but the pain was unbearable, so i hit the Internet at the time and did some searching and a lot of people recommended New Balance for big people. After extensive searching i decided that the next best course of action was to actually find a New Balance store and get a professional recommendation on which model to try.

The store guy suggested i give the 1123 a try, even though they are not pure walking shoes, he said they would work best for me. I tried them at the store and didn't take them off, walked out on them. These are very comfortable shoes, specially for a BIG guy like me, the pain is gone! I haven't owned them for long yet, but I have gone for long walks, and feel like i can keep on going.

I hope New Balance will be my ally for the next 100 LB, and after this morning's 45minute walk they do feel that way.

Great shoes! New Balance Men's MR1123 Running Shoe,White/Navy,10 D

This shoe replaced the NB 1122, which I loved! The NB 1123 is a lighter shoe that has good cushioning and great room to accommodate orthotics, if you order the correct shoe size. Unfortunately for me, the pair I ordered had a defect in the stitching at the ball of the shoe which started to ravel. I returned them but should have requested a replacement pair. I also liked the comfortable snug fit. So, if you suffer from heel spurs, falling arches, flat feet, soft feet, and you are an over-pronator, this might be the shoe for you too. If Amazon has my size, I will reorder this shoe.

These are a replacement after many pairs of NB 1122s. Still a great running shoe, but for some reason they've shortened the length of the tongue. Its hard to grasp the tongue to prevent it from sliding down when you put the shoe on.

These are the best shoes that I have ever owned. I am a over-pronator and need the right shoes. I have used many but have found these shoes to be the best for me. I wear a B width and New Balance is the only company that offers a complete line of widths in all of their shoes. Kudos to New Balance.

My wife has suffered from Plantars Facia for several years. About a year ago her podiatrist recommended this shoe. Although a bit pricey, the support is perfect and pain associated with Plantars Facia has been eliminated! No, she doesn't wear the men's model but rather the WR1123. Having a B width available is perfect for her. New balance, American Made, is the ONLY running shoe for this family.

After wearing these shoes New Balance MR1123 for 2 weeks all i can say is wow, these are by far the best shoes i have ever owned.. My first pair of motion control shoes and i love them my foot pain is gone. The style could be improved on, but when your feet feel this good you don't care about style..highly reccomended.

I have plantar fascitis which involves th tendon at the bottom of my left foot..doing research I found thatthe podiatry doctors recommended th new balance 1123 as a good option I tried them and like them very much..Tom Whiting

I've been buying this specific model for about 2 years. When I hit 300 lbs, I scared myself into getting out and getting more exercise. Since I had all but worn out the soles on my last pair of sneakers, I took some time to shop around and do some research. This shoe provides great stability control, and New Balance in general is great for shoes in width sizes (I wear a 2E). My routine has been to walk about 3.5 miles a day, and I've recently stepped that up to running. I walk/run on pavement and I find this shoe gives me great support and cushioning.



My only criticism of the shoe is that the soles are thinner right under the ball of the foot (as compared to the rest of the shoe) and I find that my weight (now down to 265) combined with the pavement wears through the soles in about 6 months (about 500 miles of wear if I did my math right). However, if you work out mostly on a treadmill or some other machine, I'm sure the wear will be considerably less and the shoes will last longer. - Comfortable - 993 Running Shoe - Running - Running Shoes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


993 Running Shoe - running, 993 running shoe 993 running shoe 993 Running Shoe - running, 993 running shoe