Sunday 29 November 2009

Play Table And Chair Set - kids furniture, childs table and chair set


I bought this set at ikea last year for $25, which is a steal for a table with 2 chairs. The surfaces are a white backer board type material, and the wood is all unfinished birch, so I painted the table and the chairs and put decals on it and I think it looks really cute. My 3 year old son uses it a lot, the chairs get dragged all over and stood on, and I haven't had problems with it so much as loosening at the bolts after a year of use. I don't think it would stand up to captain destructo and his crew of rowdy kids, but if you want a nice little table for your child to color on and sit at, this is a bargain. The above reviewer commented on how the table broke in after her daughter stood on it, I can see how it might not hold up to a kid standing on it regularly (though my kid uses the chairs to get at toys and the light switch frequently) but it does have 2 stabilizer bars under the table top, so I'm inclined to think that the table may not have been assembled properly for it to cave in after standing on it once. But, for kids that know not to stand on tabletops this is a nice little set. I should also mention, the table and chairs are a bit smaller than the usual ones you see, just shorter by an inch or two, but that makes it great for smaller kids and maybe not as ideal if you have a big kid. My son got it when he was 2 and it has grown with him nicely, he's now 3, but I can see that maybe in a year it will be too small for him. IKEA Children's Kids Table & 2 Chairs Set Furniture

I bought this set from local IKEA store for only $19.99. I don't understand why it costs more online. Anyway, it is very easy to assemble and looks very cute. The chair is smaller than other kids chairs. But that is perfect for little ones. Mine is 14 months and I know this is a perfect size for her. For this price, I would say this is a steal. But I am still concerned about the top which is made of cardboard. What if water spills or the little one tries to climb on it? Have not tested it yet. But I am thinking of returning them back to the store and buy another set made of solid wood. But of course, solid wood set costs much much more....

The table is very plain, which is fine! However I love that it is so easy to wipe down after we color or paint. The table is very sturdy, in addition to the chairs. I read that the table broke after someone's toddler stood on it, my child hasn't tested that out yet! Yet I am sure it would be fine. Great price, great product!

I ordered this for my 2 year old twins. The quality is horrible. I would assume if it was made for children, it would be kid tested and durable. My daughter sat on the table and the top fell in. Shortly after one of the legs on the chair broke. Needless to say, it only lasted a month in our house before all was broken.

It's an IKEA product so don't expect it to last more than a few years at best. A bit flimsy but aa fun first table and hairs for a toddler. Our 15 month old tends to want to stand on the table so this is NOT for unsupervised toddlers.

My daughter loves having her own little table & chairs set, she uses it for coloring, playing on her little 'laptop' & having snacks. I admit when I opened the box & began putting it together that I was not very optimistic at all about how this would hold up to a toddler; the white, cheap, board-type material arrived with a small crack in it already & seemed very flimsy. But the table has wooden boards placed underneath that give it some good strength, so I was much happier with that. I wish the chairs had the same kind of reinforcement in the seat, I think that I may have to rig them somehow in the future, or at the least take a bead of wood glue around the edges underneath. Its a pretty small set anyway and I can't see it fitting her much past 3 1/2 or so. Still after comparing prices on other kids tables so far I am very glad I purchased this set, you can't beat the price, so easy to put together, and I believe it will work fine for the few years we will have it around. - Play Table And Chair Set - Kids Furniture - Ikea - Childs Table And Chair Set'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Play Table And Chair Set - kids furniture, childs table and chair set play table and chair set Play Table And Chair Set - kids furniture, childs table and chair set