Wednesday 25 November 2009

Birthday Gift Idea - childrens camera, toddler camera


I bought this camera for my son's 4th birthday and he totally loved it. It is very sturdy made and kid proofed like they say, but the photo quality is really bad... I mean, you rarely get a sharp picture from this camera. I know that my son has a hard time trying to keep it steady before he shoots but I tried taking pictures myself and really weren't much different... However, he really likes it and has lots of fun playing with it regardless... so I guess it was worth it after all. Would I recommend this?, ummm, no, not really... Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera (Blue)

I ordered this camera as a birthday present for my four year old son. He learned how to use it very easily and it's easy for him to hold. He loves it! He loves taking photos of everybody and everything. It's very durable. It was easy to hook up to the computer. It didn't come with the connecting cord, but I had one that worked perfectly. You have to download the software from their website, but that was easy enough to do as well.

We received this camera for my son when he was 3 and have had it for a year. He loves it. He drops it. His baby sister loves it. She drops it. The thing still works. Great gift for a little one who is always trying to take your camera! I am surprised people said theirs broke, ours has been through a lot and is still kicking. I am ordering one for my neice today!

Got this just before a vacation. Son is 7 and has special needs-- motor delays and sensory issues. He LOVED this. In the space of a week, he took over 700 pictures. (Granted, some of them were of his own shoes and air conditioner vents, but that's his eye level, right?) Batteries held up fine. He is a major dropper and this thunked to the ground many many times. Still works fine. He had no trouble figuring it out, despite having the fine motor skills of a 3-year-old.



Haven't attempted to download the pictures yet-- want to edit down a bit! But from pictures at the airport, to pictures on the road to pictures at the tourist sites, this kept him occupied and engaged in a way he really enjoyed.



I don't write reviews often. I highly recommend this product.

My grandson would grab anything that looked like a camera so he could take photos "like Granny." I purchased this one for Max when he was 3; he is 4.5 now. The photos aren't great, but they satisfy his desire to take pictures. He LOVES it and uses it every time he sees "a photo event." We have downloaded his pictures many, many times, deleting all the blank or fuzzy ones (80% or so). He is so proud when he can see what he has shot. When I am around, we take pictures of everything. He has no trouble using the camera; and it just keeps on working despite its many drops and bangs. Even after bouncing down 18 steps and into the basement, it never missed a photo. Now the younger grandson is using it, too. This has be a terrific way to start my fellas off in the wonderful world of photography. When they are school age, I look forward to putting a better grade of camera into their hands. They will have mastered the basic skill of taking pictures and will be ready to begin to fine-hone their photography skills!

I bought this 2 years ago for my daughter's 3rd birthday. It was a huge hit - she took pictures of everything. It was easy for her to take pictures and then view them on the back of the camera and I could easily delete them for her. I think there is room for 100+ pictures and while the image quality on the screen bothered my husband a lot, my daughter didn't care.



Unfortunately after about 6 months we noticed some problems. We had to change batteries far more frequently. It wouldn't turn on in low light and eventually could only take pictures during the day. We've now completely changed out the batteries twice and the camera is completely dead. Considering what we paid for this, I'm not at all happy. And we weren't able to get the last set of pictures off the camera. Not that they were all that impressive, but my daughter still wanted to be able to see her pictures on the computer like an adult.



If I recall correctly, this device will not take rechargeable batteries. So not only was I tossing away mass quantities of AAA batteries, but I now have to throw away the whole camera.



This is the second Fisher Price (expensive) electronic to just die on me. The other was the MP3 player. I won't give them a 3rd chance.

I bought this for my 2.5 year old son and he LOVES it. He snaps pictures and he loves bragging about the pictures he takes but...... problem is, you can't tell what the picture is. The quality of the picture is so poor that even if I take a picture, holding completely still, you still can't tell what the picture was of.

Built really tough and love the idea BUT hate the pictures, even when you load them on the computer. Do yourself a favor and find a different camera or wait until the kiddo is a little older and can use a real camera.

We got this camera for our 5 year old boy, at first it looks nice and sturdy, but once turned on the quality of the pictures is awful, the color screen doesn't display full colors, instead is more like a sepia type of color. Very difficult to get a good shoot. Our son got very frustrated by the bad quality, we are returning this one and getting him a real digital camera for the same price.

I'm the family photographer so my son (three year old) love to imitate daddy by walking around snapping his own photos.

The quality of the images is rather poor. The camera is indestructible though and does provide the child with the basic functions that mommy or daddy's camera have. They can snap a photo, zoom in and out. Preview images with left and right arrows. They can even delete images. They really should include a cord but it works with both the cords (standard USB) that mommy and daddy both already have with their cameras. If you have a young rough and tumble child who has an interest in taking photos this is a good start. Though it should be considered more of a toy than a real camera. This camera will give them the experience they'll need before upgrading to something that is more camera than toy. When they are ready that is. I can't highly recommend it despite giving the 4 and five stars. It is durable, fun and is a useful educational toy for a budding young photographer. I'd give it 4 or five stars if the photos were better quality. Otherwise it's kind of an expensive toy. - Kids Digital Camera - Childrens Camera - Kids Camera - Toddler Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Birthday Gift Idea - childrens camera, toddler camera toddler camera Birthday Gift Idea - childrens camera, toddler camera