Thursday 1 October 2009

Trifold Wallet


I was alittle concerned when I bought the wallet about the quality since the price was so reasonable. Wow, what a surprise when I recieved it. Nice quality!!!!! Real soft, love that smell. Stitching appears sturdy. Ill update after some use(it was a gift for my dad who is pretty rough on his wallets)Dont hesitate because of the price...jump on it!!!! Mens Black Leather Wallet Lambskin "Flip" Trifold 732

Good quality for price, but wallet is way to small to hold the usual items a man carries. Had to trim photos quite a bit, and even with only two credit cards, drivers license, and a few bills and photos, it would not fold up all the way. Would not recommend unless one would carry only one card, one photo and a few bills.

If You Carry Around a Lot of Stuff then this wallet is for you. You could put about 15 credit card size items in the pockets provided. It seems very sturdy, and closes easily even with quite a few cards in it. The billfold part has two compartments which is very convenient for putting dollar bills in one and coupons, lists etc. in the other.



ONE THING THOUGH: As one reviewer has stated this wallet does STINK of a strong leather smell. I am assuming the odor, like that of a new car, will dissipate in time. If the smell doesn't go away it probably should not be a severe problem unless you spend your day with your nose epoxied to your wallet. There are people that do that you know. One advantage of the odor could be that if you lose your wallet a moderately trained bloodhound could find it anywhere.

I only have a few cards; and I'm not loaded for cash, but this wallet barely held any if it... It didn't stay folded with 5 cards, a license and 25$ cash...

The only thing this wallet has going for it is that it's real leather...

I decided to save a couple of bucks and ordered this particular trifold over a Geoffrey Beene Wallet that was about $5 more. I didn't really care about whether or not the wallet was name brand or not cause in all probability it's probably being made in the same place. However I should have paid a few more dollars for another wallet because this wallet stinks!!! And I don't mean figuratively. When I opened the package there was an awful stink to it. It had a similar chemical smell that you expect from lower quality leather (which was just fine by me I wasn't expecting special just a wallet that works) except it was about 10x as worse. I tried to air it out for a few days; but it didn't work; the smell was just as bad, to the point that it was unusable.

Okay. So I was being a typical wife. I absolutely HATED my husband old, worn-out, hole-filled wallet. He needed a new one, darnit!. Of course, he didn't think so. His tattered, old wallet was just fine for him. But it was embarrassing for me, at restaurants when he took this old thing out to pay for our meals. So, yep. I turned into that typical wife and replaced it. First, I measured the old, junk and made sure what pockets and folds that it had. Then I went searching for a replica. This wallet fit the bill. But it had a few extra items that the old one didn't have: a slit for the bills and receipts, and a flip up thingy for more cards. When the hubby wasn't looking, I replaced all his cards and put them in this new wallet in the exact same places as his old wallet. It was a chore, I tell ya. Some of the stuff was sticking inside the plastic and actually made it's print on the plastic. It took some care to take out the little paper business cards stuck in the plastic. And, no, I'm not that mean to just throw the old one away. I did leave him the option to keep the old thing. I left the old thing in his drawer. When he went to his wallet, he came back and showed it to me. "You finally did it, huh?" I shrugged at him. "Did what?" Of course, I didn't admit to it. Though it was obvious. The color was different. Long story short, the old, beat up, hole-filled wallet, three months later...is still in the drawer. This wonderful, new, shiny, wallet has now shaped itself and flatten out, and I admire it every time he takes it out and pays a bill. It's a wonderful, slick look even now, three months later.



SIDE NOTE: Hubby never admitted that he liked this one better. And he complained that it was too bulky with all his cards in it. He did comment that he liked the slit portion that now can separate his bills from his receipts. And now, that it's flattened out, I haven't heard anymore complaints. :)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Trifold Wallet Trifold Wallet Trifold Wallet