Friday 16 October 2009

Stainlesslux - steel, steeltek


This began rusting after a week and a half. Sure, go ahead -- put soap in it. Just make sure it's nowhere near any water. The description says "18 percent chrome for corrosion-resistance." That sounds about right. Soon it'll be 18 percent rust-free and 82 percent... well, not so much. Steeltek Basic Rectangular Stainless-Steel Soap Dish

This soap dish is beautiful, practical, stable and sturdy. Best of all, it will retain all water and liquid soap leftovers in its underneath tray, leaving your bathroom sink clean and dry. Additionally, the soap won't stick to the dish.



To clean it, just remove the perforated upper tray and wash the base.



It doesn't corrode. I've already have it for 3 years and it still looks like brand new.



Recommended!

This is a beauty and should last a lifetime. It looks good, is easy to clean and will not discolor as the plastic ones will. It comes in two pieces so that the water will drain from the soap and wind up in the bottom part.

The Steeltek Basic Rectangular Stainless-Steel Soap Dish is a great product! It's the best soap dish I've ever had. The design is pleasing to the eye and it makes the bathroom vanity look all the better, too. Of course, this can also be used in kitchens.



Using this soap dish is child's play. Simply rest the bar of soap on top of the grill that allows the excess soap and water to drop down into the basin beneath it. The soap soon stays drier and easier to handle; and the liquid soap residue and water drop very nicely into the reservoir underneath the actual soap dish.



Clean the reservoir underneath the soap dish as needed to avoid ugly buildup of soap residue and water. This keeps the soap dish looking clean cut and neat!



Another reviewer notes that this will not discolor as plastic soap dishes sometimes do. Good thinking! I agree with this reviewer.



I can't recommend this highly enough. I was going out of my head trying to find a simple soap dish and this fit the bill completely. You won't be disappointed.

I was disappointed by this toothbrush holder after putting it to use for just one day - any drops of water that run down the side of the holder or end up around the bottom edge due to splashing/runoff from the bathroom sink immediately seem to trigger the bottom of the holder to rust! I tried to keep the splashing to a minimum but this thing started leaving a rust-ring on my bathroom counter within a couple days. I still use it since it's a nice-looking & easily cleaned toothbrush holder but I keep a coaster under it to protect the sink/counter. I wish I could give it more stars since I love the look & functionality of it but I have to give it only 2 stars since I think making it rust-proof is only common sense for something that sits next to your sink. I wonder if all the steeltek "stainless-steel" products rust so easily???

i bought it. didn't work. exchanged it. the new one didn't work. same problem--the pump is very weak and just barely seaps out a few drops of liquid soap...that's all. and yes, it does very easily rust.



spend the extra $5 and get something better.

This is a very good quality chrome tissue dispenser that will look great anywhere.



It is, nowadays, hard to find a dispenser for FLAT tissues boxes. The square dispensers are almost all you can find. If you've tried a flat box over square, you know there is no comparison. The flat boxes dispense far better, no bunching up, and the tissues per box are MUCH CHEAPER. This is why the square boxes are being sold now - tissue companies are making double the money! Don't fall for it!



Once people discover this, they will switch back to flat boxes, at least I would HOPE. I did!



Only problem with this dispenser, is you need to use the shorter flat tissue boxes. Kleenex makes them, as do some of the generic brands. With those boxes, this dispenser works GREAT!

The item arrived with small scratches and pocks. The chrome finish is a little grainy when you look closely. Otherwise, it is exactly what you would expect - a heavy, chrome-plated, stainless steel piece that stays in place when you need a tissue. It would a good idea to add little silicon to the bottom so it won't scratch the counter. The fact the only other rectangular chrome-plated tissue cover was over $100 made it easy to forgive minor flaws.

While attractive, the pump works poorly and the top does not screw properly to the bottle. I constantly found one side popped up because the innards of the pour spout are too low, preventing a proper fit when screwing the lid back on. After removing most of the offensive "innards", the top now sits properly and to use it, I just remove the top and POUR my soap. Why? Because it's still attractive sitting on my sink and pouring rather than pumping is no biggie

CUP/TUMBLER REVIEW: I was a little skeptical about buying this cup after reading about the rust stains in previous review, but I figured at such a cheap price, I'd buy 2 and see for myself.



After some experimenting, there have been no stains or rust. I wash the cups in the dishwasher. One thing you have to know about stainless steel is that milk and fruit juices can tarnish the metal (you can scrub-off the marks). To be spotless, just rinse cups before putting them in the dishwasher & you'll be fine. The picture seems to indicate the cup is 2-toned, darker inside than out, but it is shiny stainless throughout.



The only drawback is that there is no rolled lip on the cup, and the top drinking edge can feel a bit thin & "sharp."



But for the price, I'll order a few more for my kids -- they won't break or leach chemicals!



**** I purchased these cups a second time and to my delight, the rim is rolled & comfortable to the mouth. Add another star!! - Steeltek - Steel - Dish - Soap Dishes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Stainlesslux - steel, steeltek soap dishes Stainlesslux - steel, steeltek