Wednesday 28 October 2009

Not Recommended - kitchen gadgets, gadgets


Didn't expect much for the price and as is said, you get what you paid for. Received them on time and as expected, cleaned with warm soap and water and filled them up, placed in the freezer. Next day, ice was hard as stone, unable to push it out with silicone bottom as described, unless maybe you can lift 200 lbs with each finger. Tried a little warm water, still no luck, had to let thaw for about 15 minutes and still some of the ice stuck. It is now day 10 and several of the trays are cracking and breaking across the top and around the the top of the ice cube hole. Bending the tray as shown in the picture will case it to break further. Chef Craft 21552 3-Piece Ice Cube Tray Round Push Out, Colors may vary, 11-Inch

I bought this on a whim from the local supermarket. I should have left it there.



I did one tray of ice. I was only able to push out about 75% of the cubes. The remainder stuck. So I got the bright idea to use a rubber mallet I had. The cubes still stuck, but the tray ripped. Yes, literally ripped in the middle. A rinse under warm water finally got the last cubes out. Unfortunately, they were about half the size of the others.



On a positive note, the cubes are small enough to fit through the neck of a bottle.

Wow, thank God I got a couple of these things on clearance at the store for $3 a piece. I am a big guy and I use my hands for a living. To use this thing, I have to use the base-palm of my hand to get these cubes to pop out. My wife can't do it at all. Thanks to just emptying a tray, I skinned my knuckle on the tray and feel a little frustrated right now that a company would release garbage like this. I mean, what the heck were these guys thinking by trying to sell the crap!?!? Noe if you plan on making ice-fruit treat... go for it. This is not for ice and it should not have been sold for it. Hear that Chef Craft? I will make darn sure nothing I buy again has that name!

Terrible. Don't stack and you break your thumb or other fingers trying to get each one out of the tray. The usual "twist" action for ice trays doesn't work, so each cube must be forced out one at a time. GET SOMETHING ELSE - You're not making an ice sculpture; you just want ice....

The first tray crack during the first use. The cubes could not be released with the touch of a finger tip as shown in the pictures. You can not twist the tray without risk of cracking. Additionally, once it cracks or break, it becomes as sharp as s kitchen knife and cut my handles in several places.



do not buy this product

These ice cube trays are absolutely worthless. Oh they're "PRETTY" but they don't have any function. You can't stack them, there's no offset so all the water in the tray below pushes out. What a waste - more plastic for the landfill.

I've seen all the bad reviews here and I had to chime in. Here's how to make these work:

-Don't over-fill them

-Let them sit on the counter for a minute after you take them out of the freezer

-Don't twist them...there's no need to

They're great because the ice stays put until you pop it out, instead of scattering all over the place!

The more you use them, the easier it gets to pop the cubes out.

This ice cube tray is terrible. The concept seems simple enough, but when it freezes, the ice cubes don't come out and the blue rubber bottom becomes frozen solid and hard as a rock! I even tried running the tray under hot water to loosen up the cubes, but it was no use. Don't waste your money. - Ice Cube Trays - Kitchen Gadgets - Gadgets - Ice Cube Tray'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Not Recommended - kitchen gadgets, gadgets ice cube trays Not Recommended - kitchen gadgets, gadgets