Wednesday 28 October 2009

Husqvarna


This was the least expensive 16" I could find. Also the build quality gets cheaper and cheaper every time I buy a new chain saw. I had a WoodShark that was as cheap as I would put up with and did not want to replace it with the newer Poulan model. Husqvarna's build quality is decent so it has sufficed in that department. This saw ran perfectly out of the box but needed to have the low fuel adjustment altered in warmer temperatures. You need a special splined screwdriver to do this or there is the hack of tapping a piece of 1/4 inch steel tubing over it.The later method worked well enough. The choke is designed to shut off by squeezing the throttle so you can't accidentally leave it on. If the carb is adjusted perfectly this is not a problem but allowing to leave the choke on is better. Leave it to the EPA to make a chainsaw harder to use. It does not have the tool-less tension adjuster but I don't believe that it is a deal breaker. I did not experience any chain oiling problems that other purchasers have stated. The oil tank is a little too small so you just have to not completely fill the fuel tank so the fuel ends up running out before the oil. This saw has about the same power as the poulan I replaced it with. If you want a inexpensive 16" saw of acceptable build quality you should be satisfied. Husqvarna 235 16-Inch 34.4cc X-Torq 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chain Saw

This is a first chainsaw I have owned. It works rather well for my needs around backyard taking care of tree limbs at least 3-4 inches thick. I have also tried a similar chainsaw model from Stihl which costs more with very little differce in general cutting. I think I have made a right choice.

Very disappointed that Amazon would carry a defective product assembled in the USA. The Chain saw arrived with the Brake on permanent locked position. Something that should have be caught at the factory inspection before packaging for shipment. The $193 chainsaw can't be used. I have 4 trees that need to come done this weekend. That is not going to happen. I have ordered from Amazon for years, never had a problem until now. This will definitely be a final test for their customer service department. I will keep Amazon customers informed as to the outcome.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Husqvarna Husqvarna Husqvarna