Friday 2 October 2009

Milwaukee Drill - cordless drill, cordless


I had recently purchased the Milwaukee cordless impact and had been receiving emails from Amazon recommending associated products. This was one of the products that was recommended. Although I wasn't in need of a new drill, I paid attention to the offers in case one came by that was too good to pass up. As fate would have it, two weeks later my drill died and I needed a replacement. I purchased this raw tool because I already had a charger and two batteries from the impact I previously purchased. I paid a fraction of retail and have a tool that works flawlessly. The seller shipped the item immediately and it arrived days ahead of schedule. Excellent product and excellent service! Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2601-20 M18 18-Volt Compact Driver/Drill (Tool Only, No Battery)

This drill came with the 5 tool kit that i bought a couple years ago from home depot. The other tools have been great, except that the impact driver seems a little under-powered compared to similar brands. This compact drill may be fine for home use, but is not built to the same quality of the rest of the M18 line and I would not recommend for any serious work. The motor would overheat easily with paddle bits of any size, and recently the motor failed after two holes with a fresh 2" hole saw (which this tool is rated for in the manual). The Makita compact drill on site finished the other dozen or so holes with no issue. The motor on this model is framed which leads to poor cooling and higher temperatures; after disassembly i found the resin bonding the coil to the motor shaft and fan had burnt and cracked apart. The other drills and impact drivers in this line have different frameless motors.

I bought this tool to replace the original one I recieved in the combo pack that broke on the jobsite. Within 2 days this tool had the same failure. When drilling holes with a Milwaukee hole saw, the drill locked up on slow speed and will not switch to 2nd gear. Now I have a 2 drills that only work in first gear. Apparently the torque of hole sawing is too much for the gear change

I already had batteries to fit this from the M18 hacksaw which is a fantastic product too. I also own the Bosch 18 volt lithium drill. Each drill has a little different feel, but I rate both drills as exceptional. The Bosch is a little lighter and a little smaller due to a more compact battery pack, but I often use them side by side with different drill sizes or one with a screwdriver bit. If you already have the batteries, this should be a no brainer. My only recommendation to stay away from 12 volt battery tools of all makes. You need to have the 18 volt to get the power you

need. My only issue is that I really need a third battery so I can always have a fresh one. - Milwaukee - M18 - Cordless - Cordless Drill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Milwaukee Drill - cordless drill, cordless cordless drill Milwaukee Drill - cordless drill, cordless